Hardcore Mix - Feedback Appreciated!

taylorshreds

Shred it
Sep 18, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Found these ENDEAVORS stems on the site and gave a go at it. Let me know what you guys think! Didn't mess around with the cymbals too much so theres a lot of cymbals changes that don't happen, but I did this for practicing gluing my mixes together so i'll worry about fancy cymbal fills later.

Edit: Turned the drums (mainly the kick) and vocals down a bit and brought the guitars up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man... I wish I could get my mixes to 'glue together' like you've done with this...
Sounds really good to me.

No stress dude! For what it's worth I gave it a listen on my Alesis M1 Actives (not the best, I know) and it sounded really good even at lower volume!

Vocals are really loud, you can barely hear whats going on with the guitars. Drums are also pretty loud compared to the rhythms/bass etc. Try to spend more time on sound designing, especially on drums. There´s also alot of high end sizzle in the overheads. Still a good job dude! :)

I'm gonna play it through my Mackies and my sub once it's morning and the house is awake. I have no idea how much UMPH the bass and kick are giving, only by monitoring frequencies in PT. I figured the drums were a bit loud, I think if I turn them down the cymbals will shine more and the guitars will cut through better, then I'll just turn the vocals down a little bit. Mixing cymbals have been an issue of mine when it comes to mixing but i'm trying.