Hardcore old and new.

For those looking for a modern hardcore band that hearkens back to the 80s style, you should check out Government Warning: www.myspace.com/governmentwarningrva

They have 2 LPs out and both rule. I've been spinning the newest one non-stop! Totally thrashing snotty hardcore without any metallic influences creeping in. I've seen them live once when they came through my home state and they definitely live up to their frantic recordings.

Bump.

I was searching through the rare vinyls at the local record store and ran across a band called D.O.A. Are they worth checking out?

Shit, DOA are awesome. they're like, one of the original Hardcore bands, I can't find any of their records anywhere near me, buy it, sharpish.

Fucking hell Converge rule. Some of the most furious music ever recorded imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utT0lLC6d5Q&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys might want to check out a band called Descender from Brooklyn, NY. A free EP is available here:
http://descender.bandcamp.com/

"Brooklyn-based outfit Descender are one of the premier hardcore bands ripping its way onto the at times boring NYC scene. The dudes don’t fuck around with any trend bullshit. Its Self-Titled, self-released debut is core at its finest. Think equal parts Unbroken, Snapcase and Quicksand. This is heartfelt, authentic shit. Look out for these dudes as they crush their way to the forefront." – ChronicYouth.com

old hc and new hc are both good. One of my favorites is Die Kreuzen, as far as old school goes,

Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in years!!!

Some of my favs:
7 Seconds
Poison Idea
Government Issue
The Misfits
The Undead
Soulside
Screeching Weasel
Adrenalin OD

I know those are varying degrees of HC, but whatever. Ha!

Ha! I think you mean WAR ON 45.
Yeah, that's it. I think it's the other cover also. It's the one that has some dude with a gun and a bible and on the bottom it says "REPENT YOU FUCKING SAVAGES REPENT!"

Also, what do you guys think of this compilation?
cover_large.jpg