Harry on Achilles

Roddoliver

Jul 8, 2004
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hail to all. I was listening to Achilles and wondering: how in bloody hell can Harry hold that note in the end of the song? I want to know if Jag Panzer is playing this song live and if anyone heard it to tell me if Harry does that live. If he does, can someone from the band tell me how? Does he jog daily to keep his breath in shape or he simply 'can' do that after years of practise? I think his voice is amazing, he also holds an unbelievable note on Judgement Day when he screams "let me gooooooooo"... Does he sing it live?

It's totally amazing. From his bio I saw that he had been singing already for 5/6 years before recording Ample Destruction, right? It would be awesome if there were any recordings of his "classical solo performances" way back in the late 70's and early 80's. His voice has so much power! What he sings in songs like The Silent... Is it falsetto or real voice? I believe it is real voice, at its maximum range.

Early one morning in high school I noticed my Dad pulling a chair up to the window (the school bus stop was outside our house).

I wondered what was going on.....

Then I heard this great version of Sinatra's 'My Way'. It was Harry singing the old classics at the bus stop. My Dad loves that kind of music, so he'd just sit and listen to Harry sing. Harry sounded great.

It's funny, because as long as I've known Harry (since kindergarten) he always told me he could sing. I was always thinking 'Yeah...right'. I didn't actually hear him sing until he was around 14. He sang a Zepplin song with some local garage band. I was floored.