Question on Harry

CauldronBorn

Under the knife
Feb 1, 2004
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anybody could tell me why Harry left the band shortly after Ample Destruction. I remember reading in his thank you credits something like: thanks to the guys for letting me back in the band...and says something like I will never forgive myself for what I did to the band.

What was the real reason? It is pretty unfortunate that he left considering the amount of potential the band had (and still has)...

Thanks!

It seems there are 2 reasons why Harry left to join RIOT, here's what he said about it :

"Just when we were getting on the edge Joey and I left the band and we thought we could pursue things and be more popular on our own than with the band. We were young and stupid and didn´t realize that it takes a team effort to make big things happen."

"I guess I originally got called when we were writing another album for JAG PANZER. We were going to put out the Shadow Thief album and we had just finished those songs. Don Van Stavern, who was the bass player of RIOT at that time had called me up because he heard from someone else in Texas that they had seen JAG PANZER and said wow this guy´s a really great singer, you should check him out. He called me up and said "hey would you mind doing some songs for us?" and I said no but I am bound here to do this album so I said if you can fly me out roundtrip I´ll go. So they flew me out a roundtrip ticket but they held me up to where I couldn´t get back on my flight and so I was stuck in San Antonio, Texas. We did a couple of shows there in San Antonio and I tried to make it back for the recording but by then everybody in JAG PANZER was really pissed off at me so that´s what caused another breakup in JAG PANZER for me too. That was the final straw basically. The drummer at the time just said "you´re way too flaky to be in this band so why don´t you just follow this RIOT thing".

In my opinion it's a very good thing that he recognizes his errors, he's honest and that's also what I like with Jag Panzer, besides the great music.

PS : you can read the full interview here, very interesting one : http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/JagPanzer2001.htm