The Era Of Kings And Conflict (Quotes)

Zac

Videodrome
Dec 4, 2003
Southern California
Seeing a post in another thread made we watch the dvd...and I must say along with the great content it has,there is some really funny stuff in this dvd.Mainly from interview..and mainly from "The Tyrant".

Harry about "Tower Of Darkness":
"It's a great song,even though it's a few years old....2 or 3"

Harry on "Ample"
"It looks like it was recorded"

Theres alot more on there....I think Harry calls someone a "gigglebox" or something like that :err:

Whats so appealing (to myself) about this dvd is the fact that it show's amazing musicians in a very real,very down to earth way.It's not like a Dummy Burger (Dimmu Borgir) dvd where they come out of the abyss with a bunch of smoke around them and their in full corpsepaint with a "evil" effect on their voice.I also like the fact that Mark left in the outtakes...the guys are obviously serious about their music,but it's nice to see some stuff like that left in.

Anyhow
Personally Id like to see all the outakes from that disc
I bet there's some seriously funny stuff that was cut

Funniest quote ever concerning Jag Panzer was in Indy on the Iced Earth, In Flames , Panzer tour.

Panzer were on stage waiting for everyone to get in so they could start and I was talkin with Mark. Rikard is just sitting there behind his kit and someone yells "ARE YOU CHEWING GUM?!"

Great if a like the drummer jokes as much as I do :)

I liked the part where Harry says they are gonna re-record the old songs with a 2000 production, and I think Rikard says 'oh we will have to go back 2 years then' or something to that extent hahaha!

CauldronBorn said:
I liked the part where Harry says they are gonna re-record the old songs with a 2000 production, and I think Rikard says 'oh we will have to go back 2 years then' or something to that extent hahaha!

That part is classic
Also another good part reguarding recording
I believe it's Mark who says
"Back in the old days you'd take your demo and hook it up to your tape decks and make five dub's at once"

Rikard replies:
"High fidelity"

CauldronBorn said:
why didn't chris take part of the interview though??

I'm not positive, but I believe Mark said that Chris had a prior engagement during the time of the interview, and since the DVD was pressing for time, they were unfortunately unable to include Chris at that time.
It's still a great interview though!!!!

This isn't a quote, but during the interview, they show the pictures of Harry, Mark and John. Harry has glasses and under his name it says ''The Tyrant???'' First time I saw that, I nearly died of laughter!

ya, they're very nice, down-to-earth guys. I met the band in Montreal in ... whenever they played in Montreal (Oct '03?). Dunno if they have quite as favourable an opinion of me, given that I nearly got them killed... ;-)

Regurgitated Cow Fetus said:
ya, they're very nice, down-to-earth guys. I met the band in Montreal in ... whenever they played in Montreal (Oct '03?). Dunno if they have quite as favourable an opinion of me, given that I nearly got them killed... ;-)

I was also at the montreal gig, but what happenned? How did you almost get them killed?

Regurgitated Cow Fetus said:
ya, they're very nice, down-to-earth guys. ;-)
How true is that.... When they came to Philly and went out in the Lobby to sign stuff and meet fans, Harry came out singing Kelllllly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kellllllllllllllllllllly it was the most memorable reception I have ever received. :headbang: LOVING HIM!!!