Titan Force

Jean-Pierre

Son of The Bitch
Jun 27, 2004
Detroit, MI
A bit off-topic from Jag, but since the band had Harry I would say it's appropriate enough. Some of the material that came from Titan Force is just so overwhelmingly amazing and overlooked, I swear, no other bands could pull off such amazing songs like "Chase Your Dreams," "Lord Desire," "Shadow of a Promise," and "Eyes of the Young." Rather than the vocal style that Harry was known for in the 80's (the "I'm so Metal that you will die now" style :D ), his vocal lines were something otherworldly, reminding one of John Arch in his Fates Warning days-the melodies took on a musical realm of their own. The Prog-ish(sometimes jazzy) guitar/percussion interaction was just so interesting sometimes that one could never pull away from some of the songs.

So who else acknowledges the genius of this now-defunct group?

Most do, i believe. The first Titan Force album is one of the top 5 power metal gems coming from USA. "Winner/Loser" is very very good, although strangely prog-y at times, it has definetally the most "mature" vocals Harry ever did. Its interesting that he gave so emotional performances in T.F. after his wild/screamy/hellish/aggressive vocals he did on Satan's Host. His vocal adaptation on the musical style of each band he participated is amazing.
"Toll Of Pain" is a forever favourite.

Oh man, "Toll of Pain" is fucking beautiful. Does anyone know where I could find mp3's of the demo they released in the mid 90's?

Jean-Pierre said:
Oh man, "Toll of Pain" is fucking beautiful. Does anyone know where I could find mp3's of the demo they released in the mid 90's?

Titan Force were a great band. Unfortunately I only have the All That It Is compilation (which means that I'm missing some songs from Winner/Loser).

One song from the TF-demo (Only The Strong) has been released on a compilation CD that came with an issue of the German magazine "Heavy oder was!?" I have that compilation CD. I can e-mail you the song in mp3 format if you like.

I just heard Chase your dreams.. What a kick ass song! I need to hear more Titan Force. Jean-Pierre, would it be possible for you to send me some songs by e-mail? Let me know!

Jean-Pierre said:
I wish I could send it to you, unfortunately I only got that demo on a used tape :erk:
I haven't listened to it a lot in fact, I remember the first song being great, but the other ones didn't grab my attention. Maybe I should give it another try.

Anyway, I do agree that Titan Force was a very underrated band.
If only they could have recorded their reunion gig in Balingen 3 years ago... I would kill to hear that again with a professional sound.

Titan Force S/T will always remain as one of my favorite cds of all time. I mean, listen to harry vocals ! GODLIKE ! The range, the emotion, the power ! Damn.....I´ve been singing for some years now and believe me the performance he did on these cds are out of this world. I really have to thank him for all the inspiration he gives !