Has anyone changed their pitch correction preference?

Sep 26, 2011
Like the title I re read a few threads a couple years old just want to see if anyone's changed it up. What you guys are using nowadayz. I used wavestune way back when and it was much less artifacty than Melodyne but this was is melodynes first incarnation.

I've been an Autotune guy since I started, but mainly because that's what my studio had. I've really been thinking about giving melodyne a go

I use the one in Cubase more and more at the expense of Melodyne.
It might seem a bit limited at first glance but it's just as efficient as others if you spend enough time learning how to deal with its parameters.
I love the added benefit of a 100% integrated pitch correction system.

Newtone (build in FL studio). Mainly because it's integrated into the DAW. Also it can do both pitch and timing correction (much easier and faster than cutting Audio clips and shifting them around and then adding X-overs). I know melodyne can do that too (as an offline processor), while Wavestune and autotune can't (at least they didn't back in times when I tried them out). Audio-quality is fine for me (when it sounds bad, it's usually due to my stupidity/lack of skill/bad initial performance)

Waves Tune due to an offer. It's ok so far, but I try not to use it. I'm ok with things not being 100% pitch perfect.

I spent all day tuning vocals with melodyne. I'm using v3 of the standalone app and the crashes drive me insane. also working with vocalists who push their voice a bit, you have to fix the detection of a lot of the notes which is time consuming (and is usually responsible for more crashes). Need autotune, usually the new version updates have timed themselves out nicely for me to demo when I need to tune a vocalist that melodyne isn't getting. its been the most clean sounding (not used v8 but got a band in soon that I'll be using the demo on).

Variaudio 2.0 in Cubase for vocals. LOVE not having to print anything. I can go in and tune harder or pull it back at any point in time.
Melodyne for bass & sometimes vocals if Variaudio detects any artifacts.