Has Anyone Else Noticed This?

DrkLrdViper666

Frontman/Vocalist/Singer
Apr 21, 2008
Covington, Ga.
I was just watching the new ad for Frank Miller's "The Spirit", and I could've sworn I just heard Savatage's Christmas classic, "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)", (which begat TSO, btw! ) in the music for the ad?!! Has anyone else heard it & seen it too?! Was I just hearing things?

Woulnd't be too surprising; this time of year that song is pretty much everywhere. (I get a kick out of it, too!)

There's a house with a big, synchronized Christmas light-display not too far from my house (on Mineral Springs Rd. just east of Braselton Hwy, for those in the area). I didn't realize there was also an FM radio music simulcast until yesterday, and I tuned in at 91.9FM.

Sure enough, TSO's "Wizard In Winter" was playing. :lol:

Tonight on the way home from work I tuned in again....and there it was again, first thing I heard! Turns out they're playing a pretty good mix of Xmas songs on repeat, about 25 minutes' worth....but the TSO track is, predictably, the centerpiece. Great synchronized display. :kickass:

Given how huge TSO is, there's no surprise that one of their arrangements would show up in an ad like that. What would be pretty surprising is if it was the actual Savatage first version, as I believe the TSO version has some more carols put in.

Given how huge TSO is, there's no surprise that one of their arrangements would show up in an ad like that. What would be pretty surprising is if it was the actual Savatage first version, as I believe the TSO version has some more carols put in.

Hmmm? It may just be?! If I see it again tonight, during Adult Swim, I'll listen closer to see!

OK, so someone on the TSO Yahoo! group posted that the "other" version is from a Christian Metalcore band called "August Burns Red."

Christian Metalcore...hmmm...that concept probably deserves its own thread. :lol:

Nope. The Savatage and TSO song are nearly idententical if not totally identical. This isn't either one.

According to Paul O'Neill, they are identical because the version on TSO used the same master tape. So it was directly lifted off of DWD and placed on TSO's Christmas Eve and Other Stories.

How ironic is that? Savatage is labeled a metal band and gets no radio airplay. So you retitle the band and attach a Christmas song label to the song. Then you get instant radio airplay. :lol:

Now in all fairness, TSO is much more melodic and pop band than Savatage. But in the case of this one song, there is no difference.

Likewise, football fans of all ages will listen to metal music during the game and yet many won't consider metal music by itself. :loco:

OK, so someone on the TSO Yahoo! group posted that the "other" version is from a Christian Metalcore band called "August Burns Red."

Christian Metalcore...hmmm...that concept probably deserves its own thread. :lol:

I don't really see how that's an odd concept at all...a few years ago it was pretty much impossible for a metalcore band to be signed if they WEREN'T a Christian band. Norma Jean, As I Lay Dying, He Is Legend, etc. All Christian bands. Christian metalcore bands are huge and it's kind of a fad haha.