Has anyone ever heard Danny talk during shows?

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Seeing Anthrax this week made it dawn on me that I have never ever heard Danny address the crowd or do any backing vocals during a concert.

For all the concerts I've seen live and on bootlegs etc, he's never done this. Has anyone ever heard him on stage?

Arg_Hamster said:
Haha, he should do some Queen-ad libs at every gig! :)

Definitely! I can see it now, Spitz shirtless, steps up to the mic and in a Freddie Mercury like voice addresses the crowd with "Hello all my bathing beauties!" He then proceeds to pull out a huge photo of a watch from behind the amps, and breaks into a solo rendition of 'Love Of My Life'! :lol:

strik9 said:
Definitely! I can see it now, Spitz shirtless, steps up to the mic and in a Freddie Mercury like voice addresses the crowd with "Hello all my bathing beauties!" He then proceeds to pull out a huge photo of a watch from behind the amps, and breaks into a solo rendition of 'Love Of My Life'! :lol:

Haha! :worship:

The guy must of spent hours in the gym, he look like he could play football !!!

I don't know that the whole shirtless thing is about - I guess that's not a first thoe for a performer.

I have always thought his stage presence was kinda cool - always appears so mellow and pulling the strangest expressions at time.

ThraxSA said:

I don't know that the whole shirtless thing is about - I guess that's not a first thoe for a performer.

I have always thought his stage presence was kinda cool - always appears so mellow and pulling the strangest expressions at time.

I think Dan rules! He's a kick ass guitar player! I was just joking around with the Queen thing. :lol:

I always thought it was who thought of the back up lyric that would sing it.
I never thought about it I just assumed Scotty or Frank wanted to do it

Seriously though how good was Danny live? HE JUST HIT every note to perfection ... forgot what a killer lead guitarist this pocket dynamo really is.

and to quote Franky.
LOOK AT THAT BEEF .... LOOK AT THAT BEEF MAN.

aliasp said:
Seriously though how good was Danny live? HE JUST HIT every note to perfection ... forgot what a killer lead guitarist this pocket dynamo really is.

and to quote Franky.
LOOK AT THAT BEEF .... LOOK AT THAT BEEF MAN.

I find the guy very entertaining - his mellow approach and facial expressions are great, he is like a little kid on Christmas day, althought a little kid would be pumping some serious drugs to look like that !!! he he

I was thinking about the whole shirt off look for Dan and I realised - if I had a body like that I would show it off too. Unlike the rest of us who aren't ripped but rather showing buldges here and there and developing sideways ;)

Also we had a newbie with us at the Adelaide concert who had really only heard the I'm the man Ep and he just loved the show. He said the energy level was so damn good.

I've only heard Dan talk - from what I remember - when thrax hosted a HBB and announced the HBB tour. He spoke in the promo for it during the show too?

ThraxSA said:

HAHAHAHA so true man. when i seen them 2 weeks ago at the barras (best gig EVER!) I coudnt stop laughin at his antics during got the time cos he kept pretendin to listen to his watch and I jsut remembered the story of him going into the watch fixing industry after ebing fired by anthrax!!!!!
Also, I anyone who sen them around the STD and ATL days may have heard him do backing vocals im sure cos in the linear notes of ATL you see a pic of him next to a mic on stage so i assume he used to do it.