has anyone ever wondered.......................

among_the_dead

your makin me laugh
Aug 15, 2005
Champaign,Illinios
Ive always wondered if anthrax took an extra year after AMONG THE LIVING to tour more and then go into the studio and record STATE OF EUPHORIA and spend more time on production and whatnot and released it in 89'. would it of changed ANTHRAX history as we know it? Would P.O.T. still be the same? Would joey of never left or asked to leave? Ive always wondered if it would of made any difference if they waited just a year or so. lets face it they really rushed EUPHORIA out quick. I dont know. any opinions?

I wonder about a lot of things, did they rush State Of Euphoria. Why do others loose their socks in the laundry while I never do. When is Pat Robertson going to Venezuela with a M60 in each hand and the third on the bible.

well for me it was my first taste of metal and i fucking played that cd for almpost 2 years straight lol,when i was listening to the album i wasnt crininging about production,its an excellent album,the only reason the members of anthrax say they dont like it is because it is a known fact that although it was a very popular release there was a backlash of sorts,regarding there circus type image!!!

i would say most people on this board become fans of anthrax through soe release.

mrthrax said:
well for me it was my first taste of metal and i fucking played that cd for almpost 2 years straight lol,when i was listening to the album i wasnt crininging about production,its an excellent album,the only reason the members of anthrax say they dont like it is because it is a known fact that although it was a very popular release there was a backlash of sorts,regarding there circus type image!!!

i would say most people on this board become fans of anthrax through soe release.

I had heard Anthrax songs from the singles of SOE and none of the tracks really grabbed me. I was young though when it came out...just 10 years old. Then a friend of mine played me " Belly of the Beast" and from that day on, I was hooked to Anthrax. My next Anthrax album was SOE and I fell in love with that and Among, STD, all followed suit. I couldn't find Armed and Dangerous and Fistfull of Metal so alot of those I didn't get into until my 20's. Wierd how all that works out.

Back in the day, I probably liked SOE more than POT. They have always been whining about SOE...I don't really know.

Well I saw Anthrax for the first time on the State of U4EAHHHHH! tour at Hammersmith odeon and they were awesome. I know it is when they were at their most cartoonish but I loved em. They came back the following year and played with Suicidal Tendencies, MOD and Kings X in Brixton and were fantastic there as well. THen I didn't buy anoth album by em til Vol 8.

Dunno what happened there!

SOE is not as bad as people say it is, the first half is great, the middle, granted is filler but finale ends it well :headbang:

mrthrax said:

I am indeed one of those fans, I think it's a brilliant album. :D

I don't listen to it much and at times sounds rushed to me. But when I put in the stereo every blue moon certain tracks like Finale just kicks my ass. Great social lyrics - I was in college at the time.

They had already had 3 phases of the ATL tour, so I think as a band they may have wanted to get something new out there for the newer fans or maybe it was an Island decision. ATL put them on the map big time ( on top of STD totally killer) and it was time to ride the wave and continue building on those successes.

DaDadi said:
Well I saw Anthrax for the first time on the State of U4EAHHHHH! tour at Hammersmith odeon and they were awesome. I know it is when they were at their most cartoonish but I loved em. They came back the following year and played with Suicidal Tendencies, MOD and Kings X in Brixton and were fantastic there as well. THen I didn't buy anoth album by em til Vol 8.

Dunno what happened there!

i saw them in Manchester on the euphoria tour with Living Colour and they were great. Wish I'd caught them with Suicidals though, only seen them once.

My big beef with SOE's production is this: for some reason to me, it sounds quieter than the other records. When listening to their other CDs, say I have the stereo cranked to half volume or so... I'd put in SOE, and I have to jack the volume to 3/4 just to get it as loud as the rest!

...Or maybe it's just me!

SOE kicks ass! Imo it's got some killer songs on it like Be All, End All, Who Cares Wins, Finale, Schism... I don't think it made a difference what years they put albums out. I think Anthrax wanted a different kind of vocal sound, so that's why they got Bush.