Has anyone used the FXpansion VST to RTAS Adapter?

Nitrobattery

Jun 28, 2009
I'm currently using PT LE 7.3 and was wondering if any of you guys have used the FXpansion VST to RTAS adapter, and if so is it as cool as it sounds or have any of you guys run into any problems with it?

Thanks!

Yes it works but it's been several years since it's last been updated and could use a lot of work in the 'user interface' department.

It should be fine as long as you only wrap a few plugs, not your whole VST collection.

All I wrap is: Ferox, the Rocket and ApEQ as I use those on every mix.

I have it, and it has worked fine, although I also haven't wrapped a huge pile of VSTs- just a few Stillwell plugs. I'm fairly convinced that having a huge pile of sketchy VSTs on my old machine contributed to it's overall sluggishness/buggyness...

Some plugins don't play nicely, but most do. The ones that don't generally use different GUI mechanisms - problems manifest in that area, ie: controls having no effect, blank GUI, etc....

If you can let me know what plugins you're interested in wrapping, I can see if they're supported.

As for Pro Tools, I'd recommend upgrading to 7.4 at the very least.

Some plugins don't play nicely, but most do. The ones that don't generally use different GUI mechanisms - problems manifest in that area, ie: controls having no effect, blank GUI, etc....

If you can let me know what plugins you're interested in wrapping, I can see if they're supported.

gclip

Well here's what I'm trying to do. I just left the band that I was in for the past three years and want to start working on a CD myself. In the past I just triggered the drummer and used Drumagog, and when I wanted to record guitars I fired up my Roadster and just went to town with a single 57. However now I think it's about time to join 21st century. I also just moved and can't exactly crank up a real amp every time that I want to record so I'm trying to 1) figure out what I need to get into order to record direct and 2) figure out how to set it all up.

I really like Onqel's TSE X30 and recently just bought Recabinet, but I'm pretty sure I need more goodies to make them all work together. I'm sure this has been asked a million times and I apologize for the mega noobness, but if anyone can point me in the right direction It'd really help keep me from pulling my hair out.