Has Jonas Renkse been approached by Arken Lucassen for the new Ayreon?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I was wondering if Arjen Lucassen has approached Mr Renkse to do the vocals for the upcoming Ayreon CD. He's always been a fan of Dan Swano with whom he worked in Star One, and he also mentioned that The Great Cold Distance was one of his favourite albums... Mikael Akerfeldt's performance on The Human Equation was many fans', including those who don't like Opeth, favourite. Renkse's vocal style on TGCD would would perfectly on a smiliar theme album, IMO.

That would be awesome. I don't really see it happening but it would be amazing.

Well. His music is extremely diverse, so i'm sure he could fit in Renkse somewhere. But it just seems a bit weird to me somehow... But, yeah. Would be cool, ofcourse.

I certainly hope not... I think Renkse's voice fits Katatonia's music so well because the lyrics are so well-written and so personal as they are.... Ayreon's lyrics are the most un-inspiring I've heard for a long time....

If it happened, it'd probably one of the few decent tracks on the album. That's how it tends to go with Ayreon... you get 2-3 great songs, and the rest of the record is filler.

If it happened, it'd probably one of the few decent tracks on the album. That's how it tends to go with Ayreon... you get 2-3 great songs, and the rest of the record is filler.
Bullshit. Ayreon rules and Renkse would do great on a couple of tunes, just like Dan Swano, Devin Townsend, and Mikael Akerfeldt.