Hate Eternal - I, Monarch (9/10)

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
hate.jpg

Hate Eternal are back with another brutal slab of death metal that does not dissapoint. I, Monarch is similar in style to "King of all Kings" but I think it's a tad better. Production wise, this is a good sounding record. Erik Rutan's vocals are clearly heard, and are in top form. The riffs on this album are a step up from King of all Kings. For this album, the band recruted a new bassist, Randy Piro, but the bass is barly audible. The drums on this album simply destroy. Derek Roddy annilathes his kit was fast as fuck drumming and the drum production sounds great. The songs are speedy, but the title track slows it down a bit. The last track, "Faceless One" is a good instrumental and a good way to close the album. Album highlights are "Behold Judas", "The Victorius Reign" and the title track.

9/10

Track list:

1. Two Demons
2. Behold Judas
3. The Victorious Reign
4. To Know Our Enemies
5. I, Monarch
6. Path to the Eternal Gods
7. The Plague of Humanity
8. It Is Our Will
9. Sons of Darkness
10. Faceless One

I LOVE Faceless One - this is a great album, you're right enough. I've read people (dicks) saying Derek Roddy is too technical and has no feeling. FFS he's a drummer, how can you show "feeling" when playing blastbeats? The guy's an immense DM drummer and this band is showing Morbid Angel how it SHOULD be done these days.

Okay, your review has made me consider buying the album but WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HAVE TO SAY "SLAB" OF DEATH METAL? CAN'T PEOPLE STOP SAYING SLAB? WHAT THE FUCK! LOOK AT THIS SHEET OF DEATH METAL I CARVED FROM A ROCK! WHOOOO SLAB!!!

Sorry needed to get that off my chest. Good review.

Sinister Mephisto said:
Okay, your review has made me consider buying the album but WHY THE FUCK DID YOU HAVE TO SAY "SLAB" OF DEATH METAL? CAN'T PEOPLE STOP SAYING SLAB? WHAT THE FUCK! LOOK AT THIS SHEET OF DEATH METAL I CARVED FROM A ROCK! WHOOOO SLAB!!!

Sorry needed to get that off my chest. Good review.

That made me laugh. There are a huge amount of review cliches that annoy me to no end.