Cannibal Corpse - Gore Obsessed (8/10)

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
B000060OLE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've decided to write this review because in a thread in the GMD, I called this album bland, and after some more listens, I've changed my mind. This is a typical CC album, and it crushes. You know what to expect with Corpse, and this album is no exception. It dosen't dissapoint.

The album starts out with "Savage Butchery", a short but great opener that sets up the rest of the album. The next song "Hatchet to the Head" is a slower paced track, but it's still one of the highlights of the album. The third song, "Pit of Zombies", is what I feel to be the best song on the album. It starts off with some cool blasting, then turns into thrashing awesomeness. "Dormant Bodies Bursting" through "Sanded Faceless" just crush. "Mutation of the Cadaver" is another album highlight, and inclueds a great 14 second scream by Corpsegrinder. "When Death Replaces Life" and "Grotesque" are good, but mostly filler. There is a hidden track, a very good cover of Metallica's "No Remorse".

The production on this album is very good. You can hear the guitars, drums, and vocals all very clearly. Vocally, Corpsegrinder does a great job. His screams are great on this record. There are some good solos to be found on the album, the best being in "Pit of Zombies". If your a Cannibal Corpse fan, you know what to expect from this album, and you will not be dissapointed.

Track list:

1. Savage Butchery
2. Hatchet To The Head
3. Pit Of Zombies
4. Dormant Bodies Bursting
5. Compelled To Lacerate
6. Drowning In Vicera
7. Hung And Bled
8. Sanded Faceless
9. Mutation Of The Cadaver
10. When Death Replaces Life
11. Grotesque
12. No Remorse

Yeah, I'm listening to it right now for the first time in a really long time. I'm sorta rethinking my opinion on it. It's pretty good but not something I could worship.