Hatebreed - Supremacy and Zeuss/Planet Z in general...

that one of zeuss worst mixes!!!!!!!

Check out:

New TERROR
Emmure
Shadows fall
remembering never

terror released a DVD before releasing "always the hard way" on which is alot of studio diary!!!!

ion dissonance - minus the herd.

i don't get how some people knock on this. it is the heaviest mix of all time IMO from a pure sonic mass standpoint. it sounds like a pile of bricks and a cannonball hitting your chest.

Mix on this Terror record is sick! I LOVE the snare sounds this guy gets man... Anyone know what he's using for guitar sounds most of the time? Posts on Gearslutz make it sound like he isn't a huge Recto fan aside from the very early 89-90 models but he does have some good things to say about 5150s...

I need to get this Terror DVD now to see this footage, I think this dude might be my hero :lol:

I like Chris' engineering but I feel his mixes aren't his strong suit. For an example of this in action, check out the previous album, The Rise Of Brutality mixed by Mike Fraser here in Vancouver at The Armoury to hear the difference. The difference is immediately apparent.

Before you go thinking I'm bashing they guy, he's a wicked engineer and I love a lot of the sounds he gets, especially drum tones, I just think there are stronger mix engineers out there.

Where does the "Zeuss"-nickname come from anyway? I think I've never even seen a pic of Chris Harris.

zeuss.jpg