HATESPHERE Guitarist Defends Lineup Changes (the thread on Smyth's board is closed)

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
HATESPHERE Guitarist Defends Lineup Changes - Sep. 19, 2007
In a brand new interview with Antenna, HATESPHERE guitarist Peter "Pepe" Lyse Hansen spoke about the departure of singer and founding member Jacob Bredahl following the exit of several other key members over the course of the last several months.

Said Pepe: "Jacob just didn't want it no more. He was tired of playing in HATESPHERE. Just tired. I've known about it for a little while — but, of course, it came as a big shock to me when I heard at first. It was something I just had to accept. I was still hoping that he would chance his mind, but that just didn't happen! Then when a tour [with DIMMU BORGIR and AMON AMARTH] was in trouble [due to 'unanticipated, economical circumstances'], he pulled the plug a bit sudden.

Pepe continued: "Just to get the rumors straight: Steve Smyth [ex-TESTAMENT, NEVERMORE] was considered before Jakob Nyman to replace Heinz on guitar, but when he showed up, two days before the tour, he hadn't rehearsed enough. Luckily for us we've had some shows with Jakob before, and he was able to jump right in — only 12 hours in advance.

"We are currently looking forward to Danish shows announced in November/December (especially a show like Danish Metal Awards).

"We don't have our eyes on a certain replacement [singer], but we have a lot of [vocalists] in mind.

"Some fans are already complaining of the GUNS N' ROSES factor — 'Why don't you just dissolve HATESPHERE and start a new band?' Isn't that where you are right now anyway? No, I don't think of it that way. If the new guys where just stand-ins then maybe — but they're not! We have already been playing a lot of concerts together and for me; we are HATESPHERE now! If I didn't feel like that — I wouldn't continue with the band."

Read the entire interview at Antenna.nu.

HATESPHERE entered the national chart in its home country at position No. 26 with the group's latest release, "Serpent Smiles and Killer Eyes". The CD was mixed by Tue Madsen at Antfarm studios in Århus, Denmark.

Watch HATESPHERE's video for the song "Drinking with the King of the Dead" (taken from "Serpent Smiles and Killer Eyes"):

so, in case anyone wanted to know, but didn't see anything on that forum

oh hay , it's just news of another shit band and their drama that doesn't mean anything to anyone here anymore ^^

well, some people post on this forum AND the smyth forum... one of which made a thread asking about what happened, and I figured that I'd help everyone out that wanted to know

WEAK
looks like Steve is making a series of fantastic career moves. You reap what you sow.

+1
WTF is going on with Steve???
First he leaves Nevermore, and then he fucks up hatesphere. I must say I'm very dissapointed of Steve as he is one of my favorite guitarists of all time, and a great teacher. What kind of kidney did he get????
If i were steve, now reading this i would do something to get back to a band and get the great guitarist rep back.

also the thread got deleted

i reposted that on smyth's board http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...e-smyth-parts-ways-nevermore.html#post6533261 last post there.
i'm really anxious to see what is about to happen

Perhaps Steve doesn't want to be embarrassed by the fact that he can't play Hatesphere's songs

and why is it always "why did steve leave nevermore" and not "why did Nevermore kick Steve out"? a person can stop being in a band in TWO ways... judging by him fucking up with something as important as a Hatesphere rehearsal, i'm leaning more towards Nevermore getting rid of HIM.

This is way too much drama for me... I think he should have just focus on his solo cd in the first place anyway...