Have a nice day, Ladies!

Basically sharing rights, responsibilities, and equal access to material and non-material things, so in this way it's not only about gender but about other kinds of discrimination too.

Maqus said:
Basically sharing rights, responsibilities, and equal access to material and non-material things, so in this way it's not only about gender but about other kinds of discrimination too.

why is it called womens day then? if its about equal rights? and what exactly is the problem?

Long boring articles in newspapers. Endless chit-chatter about not needing men and men being useless. Wanting the right to serve in the military, but not the obligation to. Complaining about sexism while still believing men should approach women not the other way around, men should pay, hold doors etc etc. blah blah blah

I would be all for women's rights day if it had anything to do with equal rights (which is do think is a valid quest), seems to me it has more to do with women celebrating their superiority and bitchingg about men. Or at least that's the impression I've gotten from various crap I've had to read/here/watch today and from most declared feminists in the past.

Worst of all is when they put down footie of course

Strangelight said:
why is it called womens day then? if its about equal rights? and what exactly is the problem?

Oh, I thought you were talking about gender issues or feminism in general, not about women's day in particular, sorry :)

Women's day is not a big deal for me, it's the commemoration of some historical moment in the women's movement, maybe women's getting the vote or something, at the end of the first world war.

So when would you like to have men's day? :) I wouldn't have a problem with that, I respect men as much as women, if they're respectable, actually, I'd really like to have a men's day too.

no. it was a completly random date. it's actually a rather poor day for man's day, since PL is off then. how 'bout 1st of january instead? it'll match the sweatshirt just lovely.

stalking.jpg

1 January is taken for another purpose. Someone here suggested 19 May, cause that's the nameday for Ivó, which means "drinker".

breaklose said:
what for? it would be as useless as women's day. not having a men's day prooves we're more clever cause we dont need any of that bollocks.

To have a day when we can give men flowers :dopey:

Sunshine said:
Long boring articles in newspapers. Endless chit-chatter about not needing men and men being useless. Wanting the right to serve in the military, but not the obligation to. Complaining about sexism while still believing men should approach women not the other way around, men should pay, hold doors etc etc. blah blah blah

I would be all for women's rights day if it had anything to do with equal rights (which is do think is a valid quest), seems to me it has more to do with women celebrating their superiority and bitchingg about men. Or at least that's the impression I've gotten from various crap I've had to read/here/watch today and from most declared feminists in the past.

Worst of all is when they put down footie of course

:worship:

no, sunshine, to me it has nothing to do with men being useless
and yes, equal rights (to all ppl) is the main object and
no i was not putting footie down :mad: