Have a reservation at the Super 8 Midtown? Read this.

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Have reservations at the Super 8? Read this email we recently received from a gold badge holder:

hey Glenn,

I am going to try and make this short. I had to recently adjust my reservation with super 8 midtown. The reservation center has no record of the hotel being in existence anymore, as well as super8.com. I called the hotel directly and they did not have my current reservation to adjust.They allowed me to make a new one. It seemed odd to me since they have supposedly been booked up for several months now for the festival. I was wanting to let you know so that you could let others, at least on the forum, know to check their reservations. I would hate for everyone to get there and not have a reservation anymore. Thank you for your time, and any further info that you might be able to find out.

(770) 458-2671 is their #

~Jen

I just called and they still had my reservation. The phone # you listed is incorrect. I was given 404-873-5731. I spoke to an Indian gentleman who told me that it is no longer owner by super 8. Unfortunately I could not understand the new name. I gave him my check in date and last name and he pulled up my reservation details.

I tried late last week to check my reservation online and I noticed that I couldn't find any mention of the midtown Super-8 on their website and entering my reservation number always got the "our system is undergoing maintenance" error. When I called the number on the Super-8 page though he was able to pull up my reservation and it all looked good. It made me nervous though. Looking forward to hearing about the drive-by.

I tried late last week to check my reservation online and I noticed that I couldn't find any mention of the midtown Super-8 on their website and entering my reservation number always got the "our system is undergoing maintenance" error. When I called the number on the Super-8 page though he was able to pull up my reservation and it all looked good. It made me nervous though. Looking forward to hearing about the drive-by.

Drive-bys are usually associated more with gangsta rap than prog / power metal, but I guess we'll let it slide this time! :)

I forgot to go today (lots of stuff I had to take care of), but I have a 2+ hour lunch break tomorrow, and it's not that far from my office, so it's on the 2-do list.

I'll post to my twitter feed.

Ok, as of noon, they still had the Super 8 sign out and there wasn't any visible sign saying that they've changed corporate. They might be an independently owned one, or changed management, but that's the best I can do. Didn't have time to turn in and ask the desk.

I made a reservation last week, it's a new brand and everything I didn't get the name and they don't have a website yet, they are in the process of changing brands, the rooms is $79 + tax and so it seemed they still had rooms. Hope this helps anyone.

FYI - I called the 800 number for Super-8 a month ago to verify my reservation and they said all was well. I just called the Super-8 directly (404-873-5731) and they had no record of my reservation. They did make a new reservation for me, so I'm not out a room, but they seem pretty confused over there.

For those that are still interested, this property is now a member of the America's Best Value Inn chain. You can book directly with the hotel at 404-873-5731 or via website at http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=2027 . If you opt to join the free "value club", you can book at the discounted rate of around $55 per night....Thurs - Sat. However, be careful if you pick the cheapest rate as it may be non-refundable if you decide to cancel....even well in advance. The bottom line is that it's cheap and there are rooms available.

I know others have had poor experiences here, but I have been staying at this hotel since PPUSA VI and not had an issue. I just canceled our reservation at the Residence Inn, so that also might be available if it was sold out before.

Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with this hotel on two occasions. All of this confusion does not surprise me coming from this outfit. I wish all who booked there the best. Nothing pissed me off more that trying to check in and NOT having a room because of over booking (insert Jerry Seinfeld reservation skit here). I was put up in an even worse hotel further away. totally sucked. I hope none of you have to go through anything like that this year. Good luck.

I called and reconfirmed my reservation. They've still got it, though they failed to cancel the 12th as I requested when this thread was first opened. I'll be calling the 800 # on their site to do that today, cause I have no faith that the guy I spoke to on the phone did as I requested.