Have you heard this Evanescence band?

Evanescence have nothing to do with Lacuna Coil.
Why everybody everywhere think this way? Is it only because of female vocals? Stupid, stupid bullshitting.
*confused*

Both bands are good, yet Fallen beats new Lacuna all the ways. Howgh!

Morpheus said:
so tell us your point of view then, please, although you really wanna avoid a discussion *can't believe i said that*;)

my opinion is that the new album is very fucking rough and dirty and raw and heavy, it was totally unexpected, like the production or the songs themselves, im glad metallica came up with something different than anything they did before and different than anything people would expect, im glad all the iced earth and nevermore fans hate them even more, and im glad everyone talks shit about them again just because of the snare sound. a lot of people get stuck on the production and say its a shitty bunch of random riffing and totally miss the point of the album. good one that is.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
my opinion is that the new album is very fucking rough and dirty and raw and heavy, it was totally unexpected, like the production or the songs themselves, im glad metallica came up with something different than anything they did before and different than anything people would expect, im glad all the iced earth and nevermore fans hate them even more, and im glad everyone talks shit about them again just because of the snare sound. a lot of people get stuck on the production and say its a shitty bunch of random riffing and totally miss the point of the album. good one that is.

well, your point there is a good one. The production is raw, the album is something completely different from what they've done so far. So far so good.
Still the fact that Metallica themselves wanted to get back to the roots, to their ROOTS, is totally failed, cause i can't see anything in the new album which has anything to do with their roots.

"something different than anything they did before and different than anything people would expect", you say. I guess you're wrong there, cause most of the Metallica fans have feared it, and so weren't very surprised but disappointed.

Then the snare, i know this is what all people do say is the worst thing. ANd I'm sorry, it is, cause it fucks up the songs on the album version. I have heard ST Anger and Frantic live, and they sound much better than on the album! Hmm, i followed the process of making this album on their website, and now that i hear rumours and stuff about that Lars is somehow the boss, and Bob Rock The King, i sometimes believe that it's true, though it sounds so fucken pathetic. But when you listen to the album in normal volume, hell, you can nearly hear only the drums, the guitars are like backround instruments, and i don't think that this is a matter of "wow, look we have done sth completely new", when i hear Lars' (with every respect) not very inventive playing all the time and no heavy guitar (and the album should be very heavy, they said, maybe it is, but one can't hear it;) )!
Still i think that there are good songs on it and they should sound better on the DVD, which i haven't heard.

these are only my 2 cents,

cheers

though, those 2 new songs were ace live, even frantic :erk:

but really i cant handle the songs on the album. i mean this is metallica, and they recorded it in a garage or what? missing snares for his drum? bah

anyway theyre completely back live, the songs i remember from this weekend: Harvester of sorrow, battery, blackened, welcome home (sanitarium), nothing else matters, one, sad but true, enter sandman, master of puppets (full version again :D ) , for whom the bell tolls, creeping death, frantic, st anger, ride the lightning :D, probably some songs are missing

Pieter, nice they rocked the Werchter fetsival as well as they did at Rock am Ring. They are definitely back when it comes to live gigs!
After quite a listen now to ST Anger i must admit that it grows the more you hear it, though the sound still is disturbing. The songs might be better than i thought before. still i don't like the sound, ah well but it's Metallica anyway.