Have you heard this Evanescence band?

anyways... coil are a very mediocre band and have got way more attention that they should have i reckon. please don't tell me that they would sell the same with a male singer or some less beautiful girl? anyways, it's all about proper marketing...

and i have no idea who this evanescence lot is... and daredevil was a very, very bad flick... i mean, really awful, nothing like spiderman for example that was, at least, enjoyable...

I just downloaded the entire Evanescence album, and it doesn't sound anything like nu-metal in my opinion. The song "My Immortal" is probably the most beautiful song I've heard since "Temporary Peace", no shit.

Also, she does sound like another singer, but no one in metal. She sounds like Sarah McClachlan (sp?).

sol83 said:
anyways... coil are a very mediocre band and have got way more attention that they should have i reckon. please don't tell me that they would sell the same with a male singer or some less beautiful girl? anyways, it's all about proper marketing...

:cry:

SOL, have you heard all their albums? then I recomend you their first one, the EP, for some reason the only EP's I buy are from Lacuna, why? because they are great, not because they have a chick or something like that, then if is for that, I should buy all Spice Girl Albums :cool:
I dont even buy anathema or katatonia ep's, singles :p

next bands/albums to buy becuase they have beauties:
madonna, spice g, nightwish, evanescence, JLo, and finally Shakira!!!

Morpheus said:
I saw them at RaR, and honestly i have to say their performance for a newcomer, in front of 80000 people was enjoyable. The singer did very good job, for i think her voice not that bad. QUOTE]

saw them to, at the pinkpopfestival. but it wasn't that great, she was verry nerveus on stage and confused about the fact that everybody was wearing these pink heads and you could hear it at here voice. but the had a couple of good songs.

I have been listening to the LC stuff since there beginning when everybody thought they were just a warmed up Gathering clone with a decent looking female vocalist.
They have never done any rampant good songs in my eyes and are just an average rock/metal band to be honest.
Evanescence for an instance have done an awesome album. Songs like "My Immortal" and "Tourniquet" are easily my favourite songs of the moment. The whole album has nothing to do with the released single "Bring Me Back To Life" which obviously sounds like the often mentioned female Linkin Park. The other 12 or 13 songs are completely different.
The sound is really superb (not to compare with shitty 'tallica sound), the voice is incredibly good, the bands play very tight and the lyrics are so deeply sad that I breaks my heart everytime I listen to it. Something I did not fell since Anathema's "One Last Goodbye", "Temporary Peace" or SOAD's "Chop Suey!".
They may be part of the big business but who gives a fück? Would you really judge Anathema's music different if it was being published by Sony? I guess nobody here would do so.

Harper Cole said:
The sound is really superb (not to compare with shitty 'tallica sound)

aah not again, im turning into a metallica groupie now cause of all the people dissing the new album :(

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
aah not again, im turning into a metallica groupie now cause of all the people dissing the new album :(

Nah, I like the album. Problems are the drumsound which is totally ruined and guitar sound which is not bad at all but remembers me a bit too much of DOWN's "NOLA".

Especially the titletrack is genius work!

And of course Metallica are the best band ever. Nothing beats an album like Master Of Puppets.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:

so tell us your point of view then, please, although you really wanna avoid a discussion *can't believe i said that*;)