Haven't been here for a while. CHECK IT

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hey dudes, haven't posted here in quite some time, and I get people asking what I've been doing lately, so here's a little pre-mix that I did---During tracking. So, Basically I mix while I track, but this isn't the final product. It's close though :)

Drums are 100% REAL, no samples at all in it. Also, there are obviously not vocals in all of it, and the toms are muted, but he doesn't use them much so.. Yup!!

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds good and loud!

Allthough, over here the mix is clipping quite a bit.. i would go for less loudness to get that sorted.

The drums sound too compressed - the mix is kind of fatiguing to my ears. I respect not using any samples but I would replace the kick.

Guitars sound great!

Sounds great Nick! Been a while since I've heard anything from you

I agree with the kick though, I'd say replace it, or easy up on the compression. Snare sounds great, share that shit! ;) JK

I'm not really compressing the kick much, believe it or not. I think it just needs a little less of the beater mic and a little less low end. Working that masterbuss real hard hehe

Fuck you, Nick. This time last year you were an EZdrummer noob and now your mixes are fucking sick :(

As already stated, the guitars are making me sweat, i absolutely LOVE them. And I quite like the kick, it's really refreshing yet old school kinda rock sounding. I'm just not a massive fan of the snare, it sounds overcompressed and clipped a little too hard.

But overall :kickass:

Thanks a ton guys.

Lately I've been reallllly drifting towards 100% natural recordings (with edits, in spots)..

I feel like using the real instrument allows you to be way more creative when mixing and producing.