Haven't done one of these in a while...

Shadows Skulk said:
this thread inspired me to do Nectar's solo:

http://people.ucsc.edu/~dgreenbe/nectarsolo.mov

edit: sorry about atrocious quality, the program wouldn't let me customize the compression and it took it way too far down to under a megabyte
Moonlapse, Shadows: Excellent work! I wish I was that good...

On a related note, anyone know where I can find a complete transcription of Nectar? None of the tabs I've found have the solo transcribed. Thanks in advance!

The Forest solo didn't work for me either, I don't think it's completely uploaded.

shit guys, i'm impressed. moonie, i've been thinking about tackling that solo, but that run at the end has been scaring me, and you fucking nailed it. your left hand looks very nice, you have great technique. are you self-taught? also, are you playing a Jackson?

Shadows, also kick ass, that was very clean. also that last note sounds particularly cool. WWWAAAARRORGHH. like that.

I'd love to get a video of my newest accomplishment, the distorted solos from "a fair judgement", but i really don't have a way to do it. someone mail me a video camera.

Moonlapse said:
@Hope leaves: You'll be surprised at this... haha.

See that pedal in the first frame of the video? Well that's a Boss ME-50. That's pretty much the crux of my tone. The amp? It's an Epiphone 10 watt... yeah... I was using my rhythm guitar setting too, but it seemed to have come out alright anyway.

See I saw that, but figured there'd be more to it :p I shall now devote my life to buying one on ebay :p

Yeah, the Boss multi-effects stuff is pretty good if the rest of your gear is shit. It won't get you as far as nice tube amp distortion, but it will definately give you a ton of solid sounds you can play with at your leisure. It's also particularily good for emulating Opeth since they use GT pedals live.

@sanzen: I took lessons for 2 years of my playing life. Learned the basics there and just went on by myself. And yeah, that's a Jackson PS4... it'd be a kickass guitar if it didn't fuck up notes along the G and E strings, and detune every time I use the floyd. I'm selling off alot of my old gear on ebay at the moment and that guitar is probably gonna follow... I'm gonna try and get the funds for a Jackson USA Soloist.

Moonlapse said:
Yeah, the Boss multi-effects stuff is pretty good if the rest of your gear is shit. It won't get you as far as nice tube amp distortion, but it will definately give you a ton of solid sounds you can play with at your leisure. It's also particularily good for emulating Opeth since they use GT pedals live.

@sanzen: I took lessons for 2 years of my playing life. Learned the basics there and just went on by myself. And yeah, that's a Jackson PS4... it'd be a kickass guitar if it didn't fuck up notes along the G and E strings, and detune every time I use the floyd. I'm selling off alot of my old gear on ebay at the moment and that guitar is probably gonna follow... I'm gonna try and get the funds for a Jackson USA Soloist.

keep playing man, you're damn good. Good luck on that US Soloist...I have the SLS MG jap version and I love it. gotta drop some real EMGs in there soon, though.....

goddam ermin and shadows, those were both bloody brilliant, you both have great talent...hehe if i were youse id never stop playing around on the guitar, keep up the great work :headbang:

FECKIN A duder Mooney.....that was very very nice....ive been aplso playin for 4 years...but I cannnot play that fast at all........much respect for you....that was really nicely done...I loved it.........Keep rockin duder....Ill be postin some audios of mione....but no vids sorry....hahaha...........PEAC EOUT

This thread has inspired me to cover some sections or songs, and the great user-friendly part about it is that I will just take requests from you guys. But, there's one thing to keep in mind. I am not a guitarist, I'm a drummer. I hope you fans would be interested in a drummer nailing a drum part as you are with the guitars. My brother has a digital camera that takes 30 second videos that I won't have much access too anyway. But I can do decent audio quality since my kit is 10 feet away from my computer. Hopefully you guys are interested.

My Restrictions:
Double bass faster than 625bpm constantly.
www.metronomeonline.com 16th notes (4 bass hits a click, 2 a click with each foot) @ a metronome setting of 152 is my limit.

METAL.

Oh my God.

Moonlapse doesn't have a head!

He's a fucking headless freak of nature!

Or maybe I've been plaing too much Doom 3 lately...