Having trouble with getting a gold bass tone

I honestly don't feel it is lacking low end at all.

To me it's like the whole mix lacks low-end.

Mike what bass and pickups did you use? Tone was all the way up and you picked where the neck meets the body, right? These things also make a big difference to the bass one.

Mike what bass and pickups did you use? Tone was all the way up and you picked where the neck meets the body, right? These things also make a big difference to the bass one.

What are you listening on?

Really? I was kind of under the impression that the mix was too bassy already. You could be right though because on paper the bass is cut pretty hard on both my guitar and bass amp settings.

I'm using a lower end Ibanez bass. I'm not sure what pickups are in it. I do have the tone/eq knob on the bass on its most trebley setting though.

There are many ways I could increase the low end on the mix (the bass being the most obvious choice) I just want to make sure I don't add too much. My previous mixes seem to be pretty bass heavy and I'm kind of digging the mix I have going on right now.