havok

I've only heard one song, Scumbag Blues? Scumbag in Disguise? Whichever. Thought it was pretty cool.

Heard them once, sounded pretty good. One question though, maybe I am just old and going blind, but I saw now drummer listed in the line up on ther cd cover. Do they use a drum machine like fuckin U.D.O. on their albums. If so, fuck that man. If not, I will give it another listen.

They are fucking awesome!

I saw them live back in February or March when they were playing in support of Malevolent Creation I believe....They put on a great show....I seem to remember a drummer when they played live. New cd is awesome I have been playing it every couple days since I bought it. They are playing Las Vegas again in a couple weeks and I'll see them again. They are elite...up there with Evile and Warbringer as far as I am concerned.

From the guy championing Panzerbastard, no less.

If you're going to give me the whole 'X-is-no-more-generic-than-Y' then you can stop waving your little flag right there. Purely and simply because Panzerbastard aren't strictly a thrash band, and they're rather entertaining (especially live). I've never seen Havok live, but what I've heard has left a sour taste in my mouth - too many bands doing what they're doing, and a lot of bands doing it far better. I found Havok to be just another faceless, characterless bunch of drivel with absolutely nothing interesting or particularly different to offer the genre, and I stated that firmly. So if you have a problem with that, then fuck off.

I agree there's too many bands doing what they're doing... but they DO do it well. And while I agree there's other bands doing far better, Havok are not even close to being the worst. Granted they're no Vektor, but I find them quite enjoyable!

For all the doubters who have only listened to Burn, which is an awesome album, you really owe it to yourself to listen to their new album, Time is Up. It is in my top 3 albums of 2011. I'd even go as far as to say that I would put it up against the top thrash albums of the 1980s...that is how good it is.

If you're going to give me the whole 'X-is-no-more-generic-than-Y' then you can stop waving your little flag right there. Purely and simply because Panzerbastard aren't strictly a thrash band, and they're rather entertaining (especially live). I've never seen Havok live, but what I've heard has left a sour taste in my mouth - too many bands doing what they're doing, and a lot of bands doing it far better. I found Havok to be just another faceless, characterless bunch of drivel with absolutely nothing interesting or particularly different to offer the genre, and I stated that firmly. So if you have a problem with that, then fuck off.

Havok being 'boring dross' still does not change the fact Panzarbastard are fucking horrible.

havok are alright, I don't think theyre anything stand-out but they are good.

panzerbastard on the other hand are metal as fuck! they live and breathe it and are everything metal should be. dirty music played with more attitude than you will ever know. fucking great band

that website is full of crap. rubbish list an some of the other articles are ridiculous.

For what it is worth, this site named Havok one of the big four of the new generation of thrash metal bands.

http://www.maximummetal.com/

It is hard to take the website seriously since they make no mention of Evile. Has anyone heard of Angelus Apatrida?

Yeah. Angelus Apetrida are Spanish, they have 3 or 4 albums. I've only heard the latest two, they're both okay. Quite a lot of Megadeth influence. I liked 'Clockwork' in particular. The albums improve with repeated listens too.

Listened to "Time is Up" a few days ago and just finished "Burn". Awesome stuff. Nothing groundbreaking mind you, but still, awesome stuff.

For what it is worth, this site named Havok one of the big four of the new generation of thrash metal bands.

This alone makes the link irrelevant. Big four my fucking arse - back in the day, yeah the big four. Whatever. But trying to repeat that nowadays is fucking pathetic - it's almost as bad as the whole high tops and bullet belts thing.