havok

Finally bought an official copy of the CD today after listening to my (ahem) self-acquired promo copy for a couple months :D Solid, rockin' album to say the least. Had a chance to see the drummer Pete play live in a prior band a couple years ago. Cool band, but you could tell his skills were being under-utilized. Would love to see them live someday (and not just as the 4th or 5th opening band)...

And yes, "Time is Up" blows the first album away...

Sorry, still can't knock boots with it. Thrash-by-numbers, only without much character to it - it sounds almost manufactured to my ears.

Disagree. I think it's got bagfuls of character. Love the singer's voice, especially when he goes all high and raspy. He's quite versatile vocally actually. Another big plus is that the songs are all distinctive from each other which is a problem that many other new wave thrash albums have suffered from. Plus the solos are ace, there are some lovely melodies in the middle of the album... and just sackfuls of decent riffs, plus great drumming! And possibly the best production I've heard all year. Can't really see what's not to like, but if you want to be a grumpy old man about it then power to you :)

Disagree. I think it's got bagfuls of character. Love the singer's voice, especially when he goes all high and raspy. He's quite versatile vocally actually. Another big plus is that the songs are all distinctive from each other which is a problem that many other new wave thrash albums have suffered from. Plus the solos are ace, there are some lovely melodies in the middle of the album... and just sackfuls of decent riffs, plus great drumming! And possibly the best production I've heard all year. Can't really see what's not to like, but if you want to be a grumpy old man about it then power to you :)

Hear, hear.