Hayao Miyazaki

Miyazaki is perhaps as legendary as the great honourable Osamu Tezuka (Astro/Atom Boy)!

Princess Mononoke is one of my favourite films of all time. Miyazaki is a genius :)

I have yet to see Spirited Away (his latest), it starts in the cinema's here in NZ on December 26th - looking forward to it.

I really need to see Rurouni Kenshin because I loved Ninja Scroll and Samurai X (I have a really cool Samurai X tshirt but I need to get it tailored to make it smaller, its way too big for me!)

hmm,whats another favourite...Sakura Wars (Sakura Taisen) is fucking cool as fuck!

Good to see a fellow anime-lover here

Cheers
J

:cool:

Miyazaki is my favorite director, not just for animation, but for film in general. I've seen all his films in some form or another, and they are all totally superb. He is the only director that I can think of that has never made even a mediocre film, let alone a bad one. Spirited Away is superb, as can be expected. I have yet to see the English dub, but I have the R2 DVD, and watch it regularly. My favorite of his films is Laputa: Castle in the Sky, but it is so hard to choose amongst them, they are just all so brilliant.