HD issues?

|Thanatos

Sep 9, 2008
Finland, Turku
I've been lately experiencing problems with my pc. The performance is pretty rubbish compared to what it used to be, the sounds crackle and software doesn't load up properly. Windows sometimes gives me an error "unable to write data" or something in that manner. I've been running every test in the Seagate diagnostic software excluding the "long generic" test which I'm running now, and my HDs have passed them.

I'm running Windows xp pro 32 bit.
Hardware as follows:
Abit ip35p
intel e7200
4gb 800mhz ddr2
8800GTS
1T seagate 7200 rpm hd
.5T seagate 7200 rpm hd

Is there any possibility the problem is anything else than HD related, even software wise? The good thing is I'm still under warranty for my HD, as I blew another seagate .5 HD about 4 months ago -.-

I've been lately experiencing problems with my pc. The performance is pretty rubbish compared to what it used to be, the sounds crackle and software doesn't load up properly. Windows sometimes gives me an error "unable to write data" or something in that manner. I've been running every test in the Seagate diagnostic software excluding the "long generic" test which I'm running now, and my HDs have passed them.

I'm running Windows xp pro 32 bit.
Hardware as follows:
Abit ip35p
intel e7200
4gb 800mhz ddr2
8800GTS
1T seagate 7200 rpm hd
.5T seagate 7200 rpm hd

Is there any possibility the problem is anything else than HD related, even software wise? The good thing is I'm still under warranty for my HD, as I blew another seagate .5 HD about 4 months ago -.-
sounds like corruption to me

if i were you, i wouldn't skimp on HDD. do your research, read reviews, check ratings (leave price out of the equation, at first). also use sites like anandtech.com to get REALWORLD professional buying guidance. products with poor quality will have pissed off customers and thus bad reviews...