Buying a Macbook Pro Possibly - Advice

I know 7200 RPM or above is always recommended for recording/audio, but does a 5400 RPM HD really suck? I would probably be recording onto an external firewire drive at 7200 RPM - I assume this would be faster than recording onto the internal 5400 RPM drive? Is my DAW going to run slow and shitty on a 5400 RPM drive? If I have to replace the internal drive with a 7200 RPM one anyway, the stock HD size is unimportant anyway.

I have a mbp with the stock 5200 rpm drive and run up 48 track count projects in reaper all the time with no issues. I just did last night as a matter of fact. Some people complain that there will be problems which I too anticipated like you are doing but I have not had not a single issue.

Get the mbp, you will LOVE it.

Thermal paste did not help :(

What does this mean? Mobo problem?

Reset the BIOS to defaults, if that doesn't work then flash the bios with most up to date version you can get. If that doesn't work and you're absolutely sure you've got the heatsink and fan correctly attached then either the CPU or the motherboard is broken in some way. Check dust patterns on any of the jumper pins on the motherboard to check that a jumper hasn't fallen off