Headbangers Ball 01-21-06 - was that Samoth?

KMADD said:
Lamb Of God is one of the most overated bands out there.
It's Pantera( not even close to the original) for the scene kids.

most experts dont seem to agree. they have been labveled by many magazines to be the future of american metal. thyey are a very good band and sound awesome live. u say theyre music is simple and unskilled but i have yet to see this death metal technicality you speak of.

blakscorpion21 said:
most experts dont seem to agree. they have been labveled by many magazines to be the future of american metal. thyey are a very good band and sound awesome live. u say theyre music is simple and unskilled but i have yet to see this death metal technicality you speak of.

Listen to the None So Vile album by Cryptopsy. You also said you have no idea about how to play an instrument so I don't think you'd even know this "technicallity" if you heard it.

BTW, the "experts" in the magazines write on stuff that's going to sell. Future of American Metal you say? How can a band that's not a Metal band be the future of Metal?

not metal to you some others on this forum but to the rest of us it is. your tastes have been diluted by listening to too much death metal.

and where can i find this song at?

generic guitar riffs, fast drumming, and barking dog vocals. that group pretty much sucks. i couldnt tell one song from the next. tha drumming was good though.

blakscorpion21 said:
generic guitar riffs, fast drumming, and barking dog vocals. that group pretty much sucks. i couldnt tell one song from the next. tha drumming was good though.

Yes, the band isn't very good, but it's better than most of the crap thats out like Hatebreed and Every Time I Die. Damn do they suck!:yell:

blakscorpion21 said:
not metal to you some others on this forum but to the rest of us it is. your tastes have been diluted by listening to too much death metal.

and where can i find this song at?

I don't listen to much Death Metal. I bet if you asked the guys in Lamb of God what genre they were they would say "Metalcore" and despite what anyone says that is not a Metal genre, it is a hardcore genre.

I also showed Cryptopsy to show their technicallity in their playing style. If you want more technical Metal check out Arsis. And to honestly give a reccomendation and to show the creativity Metal has to offer I'd say to check out the following bands:

-Peccatum (not so much Metal as Avant Garde but Black Metal elements certainly existance, look for tracks off the album "Lost in Reverie", also, make sure to sample at least three tracks as styles vary)
-Turisas
-Ulver (Check out the album Perdition City, not Metal at this point but some interesting electronic music made by a former big player in the Black Metal scene)
-Agalloch
-Finntroll
-Into Eternity
-Orphaned Land
-Persuader
-Arcturus
-My Dying Bride
-Blind Guardian

Just for starters, if you have problems finding these bands on whatever P2P program you use try to find them on MySpace or Google them and visit their official websites.

I can understand your dislike of the vocals but wow... if you weren't absolutely amazed by Flo's drumming the first time around, give it a few months and try it again. None So Vile has to be my favorite "Death Metal" album... expand your horizons a bit. There's a lot of good metal out there, man. Which song did you listen to? Try Crown of Horns if it wasn't that...

blakscorpion21 said:

A few years ago, most magazines said Korn were the future of American metal. Magazines, as you may discover soon, are full of what we in the Western world call "shit".

blakscorpion21 said:

Those experts also say that "The Art of Balence" by Shadows Fall is the greatest metal album ever.

They also gave St. Anger a grammy and nominated nothing but crap that year. And since the award for Best Metal performance has been made, they haven't done much better.

These so called "experts" should be assasinated. Anyone on this site is more worthy than those clowns.

The_Harmathroditic_Ferret said:
Those experts also say that "The Art of Balence" by Shadows Fall is the greatest metal album ever.

They also gave St. Anger a grammy and nominated nothing but crap that year. And since the award for Best Metal performance has been made, they haven't done much better.

These so called "experts" should be assasinated. Anyone on this site is more worthy than those clowns.

Woah there Neddy, that's a lofty assertion. There ARE a lot of fucking clowns here.

Self included.:err:

I like older Cryptopsy. Though the band is technical they're not very musical nor sound organised. I would not recomend them for someone that already has a bad perception on death metal. Someone might be more picky on song writing & the crafting of individual parts so cryptopsy is going to do nothing for them.

Immolation would be a good place to start because the band is more chord orientated,artistic & goes a lot further musically than just playing fast single notes. Immolation is not just technical but have a very good sense of sounds songs chord progressions and playing instruments. Cryptopsy are just fast & it's not hard to build endurance.

Once was not is the final straw proving cryptopsy can't craft music for shit. The band should sound a lot more focused for the time they've been around.

VomitBubble said:
I can understand your dislike of the vocals but wow... if you weren't absolutely amazed by Flo's drumming the first time around, give it a few months and try it again. None So Vile has to be my favorite "Death Metal" album... expand your horizons a bit. There's a lot of good metal out there, man. Which song did you listen to? Try Crown of Horns if it wasn't that...

i said that the drumming was quite good. its about all you can hear though. i like songs where the giutar just jumps out at you with awesomr riffs, like slayer.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Everyone should give up on trying to convert blackscorpion21. When he grows out of his metalcore obsession, he'll listen to Cher, Celine Dion, and Michael Bolton like every other tool out there.

micheal bolton = :headbang: j/k