Headbanger's Ball vs. VH-1 Classics

MAIDEN67

Sep 18, 2004
San Diego
Does anyone catch Headbanger's Ball? It's so pathetic sometimes. I just don't like most of the new music out there. Everyone's a Pantera biter. Everyone sounds the same. Man, I missed the oldies but goodies!! 80's metal rocked!! I started catching VH-1 Classics and most of the time it's a lot better than Headbanger's Ball. I watched it this past weekend and it was so cool. I saw Dio, Anthrax, Queensryche, Iron Maiden (yeah!), Judas Priest, Pantera (Planet Caravan no less) the faded-in picture of the band made me sad though :cry: etc. They give Iron Maiden at least once per episode. It's a great way to see the old music videos. All these years of being a Pantera fan and I never had seen the Planet Caravan video. I was glad and sad all at the same time. They always give Run to the Hills and Flight of Icarus. Great vids!! Well just thought I'd pass it on. Oh, just to warn you, you do have to sit through the glam bands too. Lots of Winger and sucky weak bands!!

A little pain with your pleasure!! ;) Stay fierce!! :headbang:

I gave up on Mtv a long time ago. Every time I think they might redeem themselves, they aim the gun at thier foot and squeeze a couple off. VH1 still holds up a bit though. I haven't seen Headbangers Ball since way back in the 80's. In fact, I have about 20 hours of it on video tape somewhere around here...

Last time I had cable I watched quite a bit of Fuse. They have a decent metal show, and less dumbass crap than Mtv.

Sorry I haven’t watched MTV for more then 10 minutes since something like 1984, because it turned into RAP (yes way back then), and I just can’t stomach it… But I did see Dockin just a few weeks ago when I was flipping channels, and it was sad – they're no Scorpions – I remembered that’s when hairdo bands became the thing for a while.., before Iron Maiden saved Rock n Roll again for a while, but yea it was sad, this guy from Dockin did this “Ripping Solo” thing, yea he was jumping around whipping his hair all over and jumping around and did this REALLY Big String Bend – Whoa, it was pathetic. I remember back then that I thought that Rock n Roll was dead….Sorry I can’t prevent my true feelings about it from coming out.

Man, I feel everyone's pain. MTV sucks and so does Headbanger's Ball. Like I said, VH-1 is playing all the old vids from back in the day. I have some great videos that I managed to record, but my fav tape with Pantera's Cemetary Gates, Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills, Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, Flight of Icarus and # of the Beast was stolen! Irreplaceable item. :cry: Well at least we can say we were there!!!

Stay fierce!! :headbang: :headbang:

Who was your favorite headbangers ball host, Curry or Rachtman?

My vote is Rikki, alittle fake but better than Adam Curry

Rikki Rachtman, or as we called him "Rikki Fagman" was a joke. I couldn't stand him. I loved it when Pantera's "Fucking Hostile" song was the theme. That was way cool. Headbanger's was cool way back, like '90 or something like that. My son was born in '91 and that was around the time that the "Seattle sound" was becoming popular. That pretty much killed real metal. Been missing it ever since. If anyone here is from San Diego, you should check out my friends in CAGE, they are cool. Their sound personafies the kind of metal we like. They are die hard metal fans too. They are cool like the ladies. They come out to meet and mingle with everyone. That's why I've been following them since '96!! I plan to have a long friendship with the MaidenS as well. I'm called the loyal one by CAGE. I hang out with their women (wives and girlfriends) and we always have a blast!! That's what makes me appreciate the bands even more. Just treat us like we belong on the same planet and we're happy!! Stay fierce my fellow metal heads!! :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

Um.. Hi..
I still have some old vhs tapes of Headbangers Ball that I taped back in the late 80's. I have the world premire of Metal Chruch "Badlands" video, and I used to watch that over & over. Also, the Maiden videos (of course). I would pause the screen on eddie, and then draw him. The VCR had an auto shut-off after 3 minutes, so I'd have to cue the same frame up again... But I loved it.