Heading for DT in New York!

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
We will be heading out for New York City tomorrow morning for the DT show. Well, I'm heading to the show the misses is going for a little vacation. She hates DT. We're hooking up with some friends there and me and my bud are going to the show Saturday. His wife hates DT as well. I'm sure they will find something to do while we get to see one of the best shows ever hopefully!:kickass: First time to the Big Apple, so it should be very cool. I'm sure I'll get some pix and get a review up sometime after we get back Sunday. Hopefully I'll run into TheWhisper up there and a couple other peeps from the Prog Power board.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cool. I went to New York for the first time myself last year, and found it everything that I expected. It was just plain fantastic. Every corner you turn there is some structure or such that you've heard of or seen in a movie.
I definately recommend a walk in Central Park and to the Dakota building (right on the border of the park) where John Lennon lived and died.

Then again, there's a million things to do!

Have a blast. And if I'm not mistaken, Soundmaster lives up there somewhere too. I wonder if he's going to the show... Soundmaster?

50/50 chance I'll be at that NYC show too. I just saw them last night in CT. Phenominal show, but I've gotten use to that from DT.

Death Animal said:
What is DT:Smokin:

Dream Theater.

@ Savaron don't forget your UMOS RULEZ poster!!:lol: :lol: Have a safe trip and a friggin blast at the DT show. I know my jaw is still on the Pantages Floor I was in awe of those guys.

What a weekend! The show was absolutely amazing. When the DVD comes out I would suggest picking it up for sure. I'm sure most have heard by now that they pulled out an orchestra for the second set. They sounded great together doing the whole Six Degree's second disc, Sacrificed Sons, Octovarium, Vacant, and Metropolis. I wasn't even a huge fan of Six Degrees (especially the second disc), but it came through great live with the orchestra!!! I am going to have to go back and re-visit that disc again now. Radio City Music Hall is a beautiful venue and the sound was superb. Only a couple small glitches during the show. Petrucci's guitar came unplugged for a bit in one song (why don't they use wireless?) and a couple feedback issues, but nothing major. Should be cleaned up for the release.

New York was a treat as well. I only wished we had a bit more time and money to stay longer. I'm sure we will make a trip back there again someday. If you go bring cash and I mean a ton. Staying in midtown Manhatten is not cheap. We had to laugh at some of the prices because it was rediculous. Best of the weekend was going into a bar and me and my bud order two draft beers. $22 and change!!!!!:OMG: We knew it was expensive there, but daaaaamn! We were there to have fun, enjoy the show and the city so it didn't matter. Just giving a heads up. We seen quite a bit, but not nearly enough. I have to look through my pictures to see what I have. Nothing from the show though because I didn't bring my camera.

Anyway, show was great, trip was awesome and my wallet is alot lighter!:loco:

Best of the weekend was going into a bar and me and my bud order two draft beers. $22 and change!!!!!
Damn dude, what bar was that? Hell, Harp's were only $8 at the venue.:kickass:

Great time in NY, and all the other cities, I traversed to. Before the NY show, I'm heading to get a beer. I'm standing in line, look to right...it's SavaRon. Imagine that, running into him in the beer line. Not sure what that says about us, but at least I got to talk to him for a couple of minutes at the show. :headbang:

The show was fantastic. I love the 2nd cd of 6DOIT, so to hear it with full orchestra was a treat for me. :headbang:

Cool. The only thing better than a trip is a trip with a concert as its main attration! And, yeah Manhattan is expensive as all get out. If you plan with a travel book it's a little better, but not that much. London was the same.

TheWhisper said:
Damn dude, what bar was that? Hell, Harp's were only $8 at the venue.:kickass:

Great time in NY, and all the other cities, I traversed to. Before the NY show, I'm heading to get a beer. I'm standing in line, look to right...it's SavaRon. Imagine that, running into him in the beer line. Not sure what that says about us, but at least I got to talk to him for a couple of minutes at the show. :headbang:

The show was fantastic. I love the 2nd cd of 6DOIT, so to hear it with full orchestra was a treat for me. :headbang:

It was good seeing you to dude. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you longer. The beer line is always a spot to look out for me. I have been known to go by the name BeerRon as well! :lol: Although at the show I only had a couple? The dude I was with has a bladder the size of a pea, so we took it easy at the show. That really was a great show and can't wait to see the DVD.

That bar was somewhere in Times Square I think. We were pretty well snookered by then.:zombie: I'm suprised we found are way back to the hotel on Friday night.