Heads

Furious B

Aug 9, 2002
MPLS
I just bought all new heads for my kit. I bought Evans clear single ply resonant heads and glass 2-ply hydraulic (oil) batter heads. For my bass drum, I bought an Aquarian Super Kick III batter head and a black Evans single ply EQ3 resonant head.

To be honest, I don't know shit about drums or what heads are good or what. I basically bought all these on a friend's recommendation. So, did I get good, quality heads? Also, what heads do you like the best and why?

You made a great decision using the Aquarian kick head..As for the Evans heads,they're alright but I think Aquarian makes the best heads hands down,they have a very predominant sound.You should go out and get Aquarian heads for your toms..as for the kick drum,it should sound awesome,I have never met anyone who had disapproved of the Aquarian kick drum heads.

I have a Yamaha Stage Custom Fusion kit with Evans G1 resonant, G2 clear batter, Evans EMAD bass drum head, and the stock Yamaha resonant bass head with an offset 6" Holz ring, and for a $500 drum kit they rival my friends $1100 Pacific maple kit (which coincidentially has the same exact heads :p)