Healthy Eating/Workout Recipes

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Do any of you guys know where one might find a collection of nice, lean 'healthy' recipes that don't necessarily center on salads and the like. Just a nice combination of meat and vegetables, and generally lean.

I'm starting to get back into looking myself, and remember that last time my biggest failure was the inability to change my diet. I figure with some good recipes around I'd be more inclined to eat healthy.

Any leads?

Thanks!

just avoid sugar and fat. you can do a lot with chicken breasts:cool: lean steak and fish. just eat brown rice and some kind of vegetable with it.

The idea is to avoid the daily food getting stagnant and boring.

2 years of plain oatmeal every morning took the joy out of life. I'm just after a nice balance. The hardcore bodybuilding nuts tend to border on obsession, whereas I just want something that isn't going to give me a heartattack in 5 years, but still have some measure of flavor so that I can consistently wolf it down without feeling uninspired by the act of eating... which in all fairness we as animals do quite often.

just avoid sugar and fat. you can do a lot with chicken breasts:cool: lean steak and fish. just eat brown rice and some kind of vegetable with it.

ummm to be honest i disagree with this, both of those foods have very important functions especially if you are exercising regulary

media gives fat a very bad name

My main rules:
1. No soda
2. No fast food
3. Exercise at least every other day but try for everyday

I was fat for a long time. This works for me, and it works fast.

Take up martial arts, get fit and learn how to kick muthafucker's asses that insult your mixes to boot.
Seriously though, do some reading on the Glycemic Index. There are entire books dedicated to the topic.
I learnt a fair bit reading about that and finding foods which kept me fuller for longer so I wouldn't need to eat as much, which was especially good for someone like me who used to massively over ate and was looking at it eventually catching up with me in future years.