Heard any new atl rock songs?

freshore

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2007
In Australia, we don't have many good solid rock bands. Two who have really recognition. one the vines who have killed themselves. The otehr is this upcoming band called Gyroscope. have anyone heard of them before? They have this new single called Snakeskin and is being used by the tele's promos in australia.

yeah muse is similar to alt rock...have you listen to snakeskin though? Its pretty good. If you like muse then you prob like Gyroscope as well. Similar to foo fighters as well well imo

Gyroscope sound like Linkin Park wannabees. Nothing special at all. At least The Vines had a few listenable songs. As far as mainstream-ish alt rock in Australia goes, I'd much rather listen to Cog or Karnivool.

Linkin park?? no way man. Linkin park is a crappy old nu metal band. I actually quite like gyroscopes new songs. I think one of them is used as the afl promos

I think Franz Fredinand kicks some good ass. I wouldn't call it alternative, I'd call it normal rock or retro-rock. But some people seem to have the view that all modern rock is alternative rock.

Can't really think of any modern rock bands I've heard other than stuff like Buck Cherry. And that stuff doesn't seem very alternative to me. But then again I have some issues of the "alternative" title anyway.

Linkin park?? no way man. Linkin park is a crappy old nu metal band. I actually quite like gyroscopes new songs. I think one of them is used as the afl promos

Linkin Park are more of a crappy alt rock band than a crappy nu-metal band these days. And if you can't hear the similarities between that Gyroscope song you recommended and Linkin Park, you must be hard of hearing.

People get pissed when I say that Linkin Park managed to use the same exact song to record two whole albums and still sell millions of records. Then they argue about how the new record is totally different and they get pissed off when I say it's nothing but generic alt rock like Nickelback or Hinder

The Headstones. Good Canadian hard rock. Fuckin' awesome band. It sucks that bands like Nickelback are the most famous Canadian bands, while groups like The Headstones and The Tragically Hip are clearly the best Canadian bands. Unfortunately the Headstones are broken up now, but check out these tunes if you haven't heard of them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClFUJEWD2L8&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
You should check out Scientific Lifestyle for some alternative rock. They're kinda experimental, kinda indie. Like Gwen Stefani singing for The Postal Service. Very different.

man linkin park is trying to be like an indie band, gyroscope is not, they just want to produce good solid rock. there is a difference, if you can't hear it then you must be the one with a hearing problem

Snakeskin won a video clip award! They shot it near the stonehenge. Its smashing! :headbang: Anyone else like it?