Heathen Crusade Homebrew?!

What Brew?

• Total voters
Any last minute suggestions? It looks like we are going to brew a Summit/Columbus IPA/pale ale and a hoppy Cascade red ale. We'll probably bring up around 50 or so bottles, if everything goes right. I'll post the recipes when I buy it (probably Sunday evening).

The name of the beer is Heathen Red, and will probably be around 5.8%! I forgot to taste the wort, but it is fermenting like crazy right now.

Hopefully the description will be like this: A nice malty backbone with a hoppy taste of nice hops that hop into your mouth.

That took me about 5 minutes too long to figure what you did. I actually had to copy each part in the text box to let Firefox help me out.

but anyways, :lol:

Are you gonna be sipping on your shot of whisky while head baning? Fuck no. It's much easier to head bang while drinking beer.

Brandon you should have dry-earred the brew. Rather than dropping hops into the secondary you should have put in your ear shards.

Now that would have been Heathenesque!

I wish I had some bottles left of our Saison to bring but they're pretty much already spoke for an nearly gone :(

A nice and bloody red ale!

Not a probablem! I have a few Amarillo IPAs and Simcoe IPAs I'll give you though!

We just racked and dry hopped the Red Ale. It smelled and tasted wonderful, a really fruity flavour and a huge citrus aroma.

The beer is 5.7% alcohol by the way. We got about 4 gallons!

Just got done bottling. We will bring up 30 bottles. A dollar a bottle would be appreciated.

The beer tastes malty, citrusy, and bitter!

:lol:!

As long as you bring some Californian brews to the gig, you aren't required to pee next to me.

Any of the big beers from Russian River, Alesmith, and Stone

Speedway Stout, Pliny the Elder or Younger, Yule Smith, Ruination, Arrogant Bastard, Stone IPA, etc. Whatever you can get your hands on for the big beers.

I'm gonna be pissed if I bring loads of West Coast bombers for you to only find them at that liquor store we're pillaging :lol:

Note, RR does not bottle Pliny the Younger (at least not yet I think?) It's only brewed once a year....but by god what glorious concoction that is

I already emailed a dude in Minneapolis, and he doesn't have any of those. They have Southern Teir, Surly (I cannot fucking wait), and Avery, iirc. They don't even have Dogfish Head :(.

Fair enough, I figured Younger was hard to get.