Heathen Crusade III Pledge Thread

First of all, let me ask a question. I already know the answer, so this is -- by definition -- rhetorical: You've held a metal fest in the Minneapolis area in JANUARY for the past two years?!?!??! That, alone, would stop me and my wife from attending. We live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and the weather here absolutely sucks in January. Travel is treacherous. And I know Minneapolis is colder than Michigan.

January!?!?!

May I suggest Spring or Fall -- two very "pagan" times of year. May 1 being Beltane and October 31 being Halloween. A Folk-Metal/Pagan-Metal/Melodic Doom-Metal fest in October would simply kick butt. October is my favorite month. I read Ray Bradbury's incomparable book Something Wicked This Way Comes every October.

Granted, I'm not privy to the whys and wherefores regarding the choice of January. So there's probably a superb reason why that month was chosen. But if you're kicking around ideas to help boost attendance, changing the month may be one way to do it.

Second, I'm willing to pledge $500 to help get HC 3 off the ground. If I have a particularly good year with clients, I'd be willing to sweeten the pledge. And help with whatever advertising and marketing you guys need.

Bill

First of all, let me ask a question. I already know the answer, so this is -- by definition -- rhetorical: You've held a metal fest in the Minneapolis area in JANUARY for the past two years?!?!??! That, alone, would stop me and my wife from attending. We live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and the weather here absolutely sucks in January. Travel is treacherous. And I know Minneapolis is colder than Michigan.

January!?!?!

May I suggest Spring or Fall -- two very "pagan" times of year. May 1 being Beltane and October 31 being Halloween. A Folk-Metal/Pagan-Metal/Melodic Doom-Metal fest in October would simply kick butt. October is my favorite month. I read Ray Bradbury's incomparable book Something Wicked This Way Comes every October.

Granted, I'm not privy to the whys and wherefores regarding the choice of January. So there's probably a superb reason why that month was chosen. But if you're kicking around ideas to help boost attendance, changing the month may be one way to do it.

Second, I'm willing to pledge $500 to help get HC 3 off the ground. If I have a particularly good year with clients, I'd be willing to sweeten the pledge. And help with whatever advertising and marketing you guys need.

Bill

I agree....a change in months would be better. Fall is a perfect time.

I really enjoyed the January time and location for the festival. Snow, frigid tempatures, total darkness (after 5 pm :p ). It just screams Heathen. It'd feel weird to have the fest in anything but winter.

As far as donations go, I'm in a better position to donate this year, so I'll throw at least $100 towards the fest if I can't do more. After the past 2 years, this January just felt empty with no Minnesota to go to, so anything to keep it afloat is fine by me.

I really enjoyed the January time and location for the festival. Snow, frigid tempatures, total darkness (after 5 pm :p ). It just screams Heathen. It'd feel weird to have the fest in anything but winter.

As far as donations go, I'm in a better position to donate this year, so I'll throw at least $100 towards the fest if I can't do more. After the past 2 years, this January just felt empty with no Minnesota to go to, so anything to keep it afloat is fine by me.

FYI... Around the time (if we had the fest last Jan...) this year.. the temp was below zero for the high.