Heaven and Hell writing in March!

I thought they'd been working on the album already. I guess we won't see it until 2009

Amazing news, providing they can actually hold into each other and not split like in 92. Besides HAH has now more potential than BS (Ozzy's fried).

NP: Creozoth - 'Minute U Die'

That's the only downside that we'll have to wait a year...

I rather wait and hope they come with a strong effort ala "Dehumanizer" than a weak album everybody's gonna criticize because it's not "Heaven And Hell". We must remember this is not 1980, they have to come with something fresher still proper of what do you expect from the band. I wouldn't mind for something more doom and somber.

NP: LoNero - 'Loose'

I rather wait and hope they come with a strong effort ala "Dehumanizer" than a weak album everybody's gonna criticize because it's not "Heaven And Hell". We must remember this is not 1980, they have to come with something fresher still proper of what do you expect from the band. I wouldn't mind for something more doom and somber.

At this stage in his career Dio won't release a shit album with Heaven and Hell, there's just too much riding on it... If this were a "Sabbath" record without Ozzy, Dio or Martin I wouldn't even bother with it...
Keep in mind they wrote and recorded a few tracks in a matter of a weeks for the compilation and those were up to snuff if you ask me... I think the could knock out a solid album in 6 months if they wanted to...

just because they haven't started recording doesn't mean it won't be out this year. there is a slight window that a december 2008 release could happen. if april comes around and nothing has been recorded yet then an early 2009 release seems more likely. last year queensryche supposedly said they will head into the album this spring and the album will be out in late 2008 so heaven and hell could do the samething.

btw anyone have an update on queensryche. i see they are playing some concerts.

I rather wait and hope they come with a strong effort ala "Dehumanizer" than a weak album everybody's gonna criticize because it's not "Heaven And Hell".

I think that anyone who has aspirations of this being another Heaven and Hell (the album) might as well be sitting by the phone waiting for Jessica Alba to call asking for a date...you're going to be disappointed. But I do have high hopes for the new album. Iommi is still the Riffmaster, they penned three really good songs already for Dio Years album, and you need only look back to the last Iommi/Hughes collaboration to know that the Riffmaster still has plenty of hooks up his sleeve.

So I'm with you, Wyv, anything near the quality of Dehumanizer would be a raging success in my book.

might as well be sitting by the phone waiting for Jessica Alba to call asking for a date

I pass :yuk:

...you're going to be disappointed. But I do have high hopes for the new album. Iommi is still the Riffmaster, they penned three really good songs already for Dio Years album
Keep in mind they wrote and recorded a few tracks in a matter of a weeks for the compilation and those were up to snuff if you ask me... I think the could knock out a solid album in 6 months if they wanted to...

True and not so true, they still have what it takes for sure, but i didn't felt the new songs that good, I may have to spin there more.

NP: Poisonblack - 'Nothing Else Remains'

Iommi is indeed still a riffmaster, but Dio has lost a step, so I don't know how I feel about this. He still sings pretty good, but he's also a parody of his old self in ways. Though simple, his old lyrics (say, Heaven and Hell, Stargazer, Gypsy) came off as sincere. Now? not so much i think. Coupling that with the fact that he just can't quite sing the way he used to, well, I'd rather see Iommi do another record with Glenn Hughes, or maybe some young up and comer. I'll buy it, and hold out some hope that it will be good. If aged rockers can embrace their age, they can sometimes pull off something cool. As much as some don't like the newer Maiden stuff, I personally do, and I think it somehow takes into account their age. I can't qualify that, but it's kinda "new" Maiden. But Dio, I don't know...Killing the Dragon and albums like that are just not that great. Again, he's a bit of a parody of himself. Let me be straight about it though, I love the man. He's responsible for some of the coolest stuff in metal. We'll see....

Dio, for a 65 year old man who's toured the world many times over, still has a decent set of pipes on him. He sounded fine when I saw them live. He was on key and managed to hit a good number of the high notes.

He brings something to the table and is a classic member. Is he able to sing like he once was? Obviously not. But I'd rather hear his voice. His voice IS Sabbath.

I'd expect new album to be similar to the new tracks from Dio Years album... some solid, well constructed songs that a Black Sabbath fan can enjoy, but probably won't knock anybody's socks off. Doubt that they'll be taking too many risks.

Date Location Venue Support
5/27/2008 Birmingham, UK Academy Girlschool
5/28/2008 London, UK Astoria Girlschool
5/30/2008 Oslo, Norway Sentrum Scene
5/31/2008 Karmoy, Norway Kopervik Festival
6/2/2008 Malmo, Sweden KB Halle
6/3/2008 Stockholm, Sweden Debaser
6/4/2008 Gothenburg, Sweden Tradgarn
6/6/2008 Oulu, Finland Teatria
6/7/2008 Lahti, Finland Water & Rock Festival

Here is some DIO tour dates. Thank god he is coming here too. Last H&H gig was just fantastic:worship:. Hope they get the album done as soon as possible.