Heavy Death Metal Tone

EmeticGore

Remove The Limbs
Jul 4, 2007
Canada B.C
UPDATED

I had posted this before, not expecting any results but since there are some interested people.. I've decided to upload the DI's from my new 7-string running through my new setup. I was hoping in your spare time someone could grab some vsts (I have most amp sims and a lot of impulses) and throw together a kickass Death Metal tone.

If I was competent enough to do this myself I would.. but I've only started with all of this. The drums could be better but I didn't program them, nor do I know how.

The gear - ESP Hex-7 > Radial J48 DI box > Mbox mini 3 > REAPER > VST's.

The tone I've managed with my headphones: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8019126/7StringWBass.mp3 Did this only with amplitube and some mixing vst presets.

The DI's and Drum track: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8019126/7stringDI.rar yes there's bass this time.

DI's are Mono 24bit WAV. 44 100Hz BPM 180

Could have probably recorded something better but it works.

Cheers!
-D

If you planning to use impulses with free ampsims (like on screen), then better to record at 44.1k, because most impulses are recorded at this samplerate (there is some exceptions). Many convolution plugins don`t provide good impulse resampling or don`t have resampling at all, in case of good resampling, better to downsample than upsample impulse or avoid resampling at all. Sometimes unmatched samplerates can sound strange, just check it yourself.
With Guitar Rig and Amplitube (and similar software) you can use whatever you want.

I'm telling you man it's all about the make-up and long hair.

EDIT: and the spiked shoulder pads

Update in main post ^

A few of these actually sounded pretty awesome guys, but I sold that guitar for a much better one and have upgraded the files so if you wanna try again please do!

I promise I'll stick around this time for replies :oops:

Tight, I grabbed the vsts needed. Think you could run me a screenshot of your settings? I'm digging the guitar tone more-so after listening on the car-speakers :) Also what cabs from catharsis were you using here?