Heavy Metal Month

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Has anyone been watching the Story of Heavy Metal on VH-1?!
Also I know people that have seen the VH-1 show with is four 1 hour episodes and they have said that this is much better than the Metal Documentry something about a fans journey or whatever the fuck it's called....
That's disappointing because on paper it looks good.

I saw the Pantera behind the music... man, so many things I saw were so fucked up in so many levels... ending with the childish "I blame you" back and forth between everybody!

Pabla said:
I saw the Pantera behind the music... man, so many things I saw were so fucked up in so many levels... ending with the childish "I blame you" back and forth between everybody!

I think both the RATT and PANTERA shows fit well togther, both bands were so fucked up by the end...
And yes the blame game is a bunch of bullshit. I agree with what Phil said, he needs Vinnie as much as Vinnie needs Phil at this point. To me it came off like they were almost blaming Phil for pulling the trigger?! That's bullshit and to me Phil seems like the bigger man at this time...

yes i have, and its amazing!! zeppelin, sabbath, dio, rainbow, maiden, gnr, acdc, riot, priest, testament, slayer, pantera, twisted sister, motley crue, anthrax, great documentaries and interviews! :headbang:

i usually don't watch tv but ive been pretty glued on this

I've been watching metal month as well
I just wished they weren't so focused on the "old" metal so much. I mean, there are so many great new and old not so famous metal bands from all over the world, but all their shows seemed to be about are the early and 80s metal bands. But don't get me wrong, priest, metallica, iron maiden and so on deserve their credit, but jeez...how many re-runs can they show of the same shit?

yeah I have been checking in on it I saw some stuff I cant wait for the rock honors

I'm just glad to see some Metal getting on TV lately VH1 and MTV only shows Rap and hip hop

Blood&Tears said:
I just wished they weren't so focused on the "old" metal so much. I mean, there are so many great new and old not so famous metal bands from all over the world, but all their shows seemed to be about are the early and 80s metal bands. But don't get me wrong, priest, metallica, iron maiden and so on deserve their credit, but jeez...how many re-runs can they show of the same shit?

yea priest and metallica definatly deserve and get alot

but cmon, you gotta agree maiden doesn't get close. they get a little here and there on BIG shows, but nothing special for em!! CMON!!!! i hate VH1 for the sole reason maiden isn't included unless they have to.

Blood&Tears said:

I agree 100%. They treat metal like it is something of the past. I love classic metal or I certainly wouldn't be in the oldschool forum, but the only newer metal band that was on there that I saw was Slipknot. Yuck !!

Bryant

I've been watching most of these shows as well, and think they have been pretty good. I wish they would have a show about newer stuff, but that isn't what VH1 is about. It's a nostalgia channel for the most part. I'm just glad they are focusing on metal at all. Five years ago metal was dead in the eyes of most people running these stations. They finally woke up and seen there was a market for this style music again. (Not that it ever really went away in the first place)

yeah same here I get excited about anything Metal or seemingly Metal on VH1 even Supergroup which I must say had its moments and the movie Rock Star was on (Damn the VH1 for not showing the nudity)

The first 2 episodes of The Story of Metal were pretty good. However, the last two were not.

Spending an entire episode on the glam scene was useless. First off, they already did that on When Heavy Metal Ruled The World. Secondly, while the glam scene was popular with the MTV crowd, it was not that important with real metalheads.

Half of the last episode focusing on Shitknot and Manson was completely worthless.