heavy ride cymbal samples?

My Ride

That one is a Bosphorus 22" Gold Ride... weighs a fucking ton so it's heavy alright. When you do blast beats on it, it doesn't move an inch... almost, haha :) I love the sound of it, fits everything from pop to metal. It was recorded in a rehearsal room with DIY acoustic "treatment".

Otherwise, I've got This One, which is a Paiste 22" 2002 Medium Ride. Same acoustics, recorded at same place.

Ah fuck it, in case you like em/want more cymbals, just go HERE, and browse for yourself :) (Note, there might be a second page if your browser doesn't show any Zildjian cymbals, so that means they're on page 2.)

The sound demos are me playing them while recording, it was just meant for people to download and listen before they download the whole pack. Don't know if it's a smart idea though but it can't hurt that it's there :)

Some cymbals have VERY many different hits though, I think in particular the Bosphorus 22" Gold Ride has over 50 samples, so it should still be quite enough for some realistic drum programming.. I think.. :|

The sound demos are me playing them while recording, it was just meant for people to download and listen before they download the whole pack. Don't know if it's a smart idea though but it can't hurt that it's there :)

Some cymbals have VERY many different hits though, I think in particular the Bosphorus 22" Gold Ride has over 50 samples, so it should still be quite enough for some realistic drum programming.. I think.. :|

Ah ok, I knew it was TOO smooth to be programmed! Though with a lot of Battery mapping skillz, realistic fills should be sweet thanks to the number of multisamples. Cheers and beers bro

Though with a lot of Battery mapping skillz, realistic fills should be sweet thanks to the number of multisamples. Cheers and beers bro

I definately think so!

Would be nice if I had recorded a room sound mic for each cymbal as well but that would've killed me in regards of time :| But maybe just using an impulse reverb of some room, and then sending a portion of the cymbals to that bus would sort of take care of that problem?

Anyway... let me know if you use them, I wanna hear some clips! :)

I will check that ride! I almost never had a cool Metal-Ride. I programmed a couple of albums - I used almost exclusively my own samples for kick/snare/toms, for crashes I used dfhs a couple of times because they are great - but NO cool ride!!