HeavyGrooveRockMetal - Feedback?

KHE

Mar 5, 2009
switzerland
Tracked this single last weekened with the band, now i need some feedback before sending it off to the client.

https://copy.com/CLcWrMNDsGHKRjz2

the song is an intro song for a wrestlering-chick, so the song may will be played in the tv and in big arenas. anything special to consider about this? unfortuneately there is no budget by the band for external, high-quality mastering, so i have to do it by myself... and i'm no mastering-eng, but i tried my best to not ruin the song with loudness.

guitars are quadtracked, Earforce Two with a boogie OS cab, SM57+MD421
Bass was a Warwick, aewsome instrument, DI with some heavy processing
drums are real, but with lots of samples on the shells, edited to sound good :p

any feedback welcome!

muchas gracias!
markus

thanks!
guitars are 100&L/R, but quad tracked with the same setup/guitar/player, thats probably the reason why it isnt that wide. I check if i can make them a little wider with some post-processing.

what do you think about the level of the vocals? personally i feel they are a liiiittle bit too loud /dominant sometimes, but the vocals is the single most important part of this song, so better too present than too low? any opinions?

edit: aahhhhh some bands just don't get the ideas of pre-mixes / mix-in-progress... they already published this mix on their FB page, but its not final... argh

final mix:

edit: updated the mix once again, stupid snare mistrigger out of nowhere.. :|

Last edited by a moderator: