Helix Native New plugin by Line 6

The first like 30 minutes of testing the demo I was like "THIS IS THE BEST AMP SIM EVER". As the days went by and the initial badassery of a new plugin wore off, it's just kinda like any other amp sim. Found myself not even using any of the effects. Just screamer, amp, cab. Sometimes an EQ or compressor, but that's about it. $400 is pretty steep, but if the hardware is $1500 they ain't gonna make the 1:1 software cheap. I still rock Pod Farm and the free x50.
Did this with the helix

shameless plug

Reactions: nezvers
Getting some good tones ranging from chuggy metal to ambient clean sound with Helix Native, I'm really quite liking it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasyl Mishchenko
The first like 30 minutes of testing the demo I was like "THIS IS THE BEST AMP SIM EVER". As the days went by and the initial badassery of a new plugin wore off, it's just kinda like any other amp sim. Found myself not even using any of the effects. Just screamer, amp, cab. Sometimes an EQ or compressor, but that's about it. $400 is pretty steep, but if the hardware is $1500 they ain't gonna make the 1:1 software cheap. I still rock Pod Farm and the free x50.
Did this with the helix

shameless plug

Actually the LT is the cheapest hardware version at $999.

For an all in one type of modelers, for a wide area of tones, not just metal, Helix Native sounds not bad at all.
Sure it lacks this or that in sound quality and very depends on DI.
Sounds best in 48k sample rate, in 44.1k will do upsampling, in higher than 48k will do downsampling into internal sample rate and you can hear artifacts.