Hellfest!

I'm afraid I'll have to go as well... :loco:
Being French, I've been waiting for Katatonia to come to France for such a long time...! Can't miss that... Especially when I see the awesome prog!!
Can't waiiiit!!!

I listened to their last album once before and now I listened to it again, pretty sick brutal stuff indeed, they play close to where I live next week.

oh man.. I gotta see that band sometime. what I really like is that they aren't the typical grind/brutal death band. they can throw in any element pretty much and still succeed in sounding coherent. how that works out I dont know, but it does hah

Saving the thread from impending death. I've gotten info about what they plan to do (or not do) for journalists but thats not gonna help us collectively. Still waiting on other info to be posted...

OK they launched a big new beautiful website, but here are the juicy bits for the lazy:

Getting there:

By car : on the motorway or on local roads, we strongly advise you to log onto www.mappy.fr. It is also wise to arrive on Thusrday 19 June to avoid traffic jams. Once in Clisson, look out for the signs to the festival carparks.
By train : the SNCF will advise you on your journey. Once in Nantes, trains for Clisson are frequent. GOOD NEWS minibuses will take those interested from the station in Clisson to the festival entrance or the camping (or any othee destination in Clisson) for only 2 euros per journey from thursday afternoon the 19th of june to monday afternoon the 23rd of june...

By plane : www.nantes.aeroport.fr is the biggest in the region catering for flights from France and abroad (London Barcelona etc.). Ryanair offers cheap flights from London and Dublin www.ryanair.com A local taxi firm from Clisson will take you from the airport in Nantes to Clisson for 10 euros per person with a minimum of 5 people by journey. The same service will be laid on on the last day and the day after the festival. For further information and booking please mail to: admin.douillard@wanadoo.fr or call 0033 240 039 205

Campsite:

The campsite doors open Thursday 19 June at 2pm upon presentation of your ticket. You will then be given your bracelet for the festival so all you'll have to do is set up your tent!

ATTENTION !!

This campsite is only for those holding a 1 or 3 day pass.

When you arrive volunteers will give you a "camping bag" with goodies but its main use is as a bin bag. We rely on you to keep the site clean.
A toilet block will also be available.
For those who do not wish to camp, contact the tourist office ot@clisson.com or 33 240 540 295.

For festival-goer :

Carparks : Thursday 19 June at 7am
Campsite : Thursday 19 at 2pm
Ticket office : Thursday 19 at 2pm
Festival : Thursday 19 at 11am
Time of First concert : To be confirmed
Time of Last concert : To be confirmed

Press V.I.P :

Accreditation open Thursday 19 at 2pm
NEW THIS YEAR :
Those with a press or V.I.P card will go to another entrance. Please download a map of the festival to find out where! (page "plans")

If you want the full details on this go here and click on Pro Zone

Tickets

OK the website makes it look like its booked and you are screwed, but this is not the case! Click the 3 day pass anyways and watch all your money go bye bye. It's possible it will sell out any day though. (Or you could just steal Martijn's barcode)

Bands:

This is not a running order, just whats listed each day
20/6
Venom
In Flames
Dimmu Burger
Carcass
Testament
Sick of it All
Paradise Lost
Katatonia
Mayhem
Madball
Death Angel
Marduk
Septic Flesh
Danko Jones
Baroness
Kristun
Job For a Cowboy
Alchemist
Born From Pain
Bleeding Through
Rotting Christ
Throwdown
Eluveitie
Evile
Ultra Vomit
Ava Inferi
Kruger
Raintime

21/6
Helloween vs. Gammary
Cavalera Conspiracy
Apocalyptica
Iced Earth
Ministry
Porcupine Tree
Candlemass
Sonata Arctica
Satyricon
Anathema
Sodom
Punish Yourself
Treponem Pal
Airbourne
Disfear
Nightmare
Legion of the Damned
Anaal Nathrakh
Haemorrhage
Impaled Nazarene
Black Tide
Belphegor
The Old Dead Tree
Shining
Watain
Today is the Day
Benighted

22/6
Slayer
Motorhead
NOFX
Opeth
Morbid Angel
Meshuggah
At the Gates
My Dying Bride
Obituary
Rose Tattoo
DEP
Envy
Soilwork
Forbidden
Cult of Luna
Dying Fetus
Misanthrope
Comback Kid
Necrophagist
Primordial
Municipal Waste
Shai Hulud
The Ocean
Rotten Sound
Arkhon Infaustus
Origin
Between the Buried and Me
Ghost Brigade
Year of No Light

:headbang:

I will definitely plan on arriving Thursday, the campsite opens pretty late i.m.o. I was hoping a bit earlier, maybe Wednesday already or something. Now you will have all traffic and arriving visitors clustered in some 24 hours.

Well, we'll see..

I am not suprised...the last camping festival I went to (Coachella, which is in the mohave Desert) was just like that, but it worked out. They had the advantage of having the campsite sectioned off into squares and imposed a limit on how much space you could take up, which made it easier to form little groups in a circle and have a wide aisle to walk.
If they open it Wednesday evening it would be good to know, so we can converge accordingly!

I'm in a tricky situation :s
5th of june I'm doing an exam for my driver's licence. If I pass, I'm buying 2 tickets to Hellfest and I'm going by car. The thing is, chances are it'll be sold out by then... And also, I'm obviously not certain that I WILL pass the exam.

Maybe I'm better off buying the tickets now and sell them if I can't go.