Hello All

UnleashedBeast

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2007
Orange County, California, USA
Hello,

Just wanted to say hi to all the Saxon fans here on the Official Saxon forums. I've been hanging around as a Guest for awhile and decided to finally register. All the new Saxon info cropping up these days has me really excited. I've been a long time fan since the early 80's. I can’t wait for the new CD and DVD and it’s the first I’ve heard about a book from Biff called “Never Surrender” that someone else mentioned in another thread.

I live Orange County, California, US, so we poor Americans don't get a lot of Saxon goodness out here. Hell, I have to buy all my Saxon stuff online. Very few stores in the states carry Saxon recordings anymore which totally sucks and when they do it's usually the compilations/best of recordings. Argh!!

Anyway, I was a heavy metal drummer myself for many years, used to play the Sunset Strip in Hollywood a lot in the 80’s and was really glad to see Nigel return. I always loved his drumming style! Unfortunately the last time I actually saw Saxon was in '84. It was on the Crusader tour with Motley Crue. I still have the program. Wish they would come back out here sometime soon!!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. See you next time! :headbang:

welcome or as we say in swedish välkommen.

about saxon touring the U.S: do as i do go to england and meet up with the board members they are really nice!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, much appreciated!

Metal_dude,

One of these days I may just take your suggestion and fly out to England. It's something I've always wanted to do!

SAXONATOR,

Sorry, my Crusader program stays with me! :tickled: I wish I had some pictures of Saxon from that gig, but unfortunately I don't. Here's a picture of an album I did with one of the bands I was in called Tyrant. It was released by Metal Blade Records in the states and was on Combat Records in Europe. That's me on the far left. Ah, the good old days!

4709.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Hey RicknRoll, we're not too far from each other. At least not as far as a lot of others here. Being a drummer as well as a Saxon fan yourself you must be happy to see Nigel back in the drum seat! I know I am. Not to say I didn't like the others. I thought Fritz Randow had a great sound. So perfect though that I almost suspect he might have used triggered samples with his acoustic kit. It had that kind of processed sound. Especially since he seemed to sound the same on the Chronicles DVD as in the studio. I could be wrong though.

Ya know ya just can't Unleash the Beast to often now can you CRUSADER747! :lol: