hello, and Primal Fear

Evil?

omghaxlol!1
Jun 25, 2005
Grand Haven, MI
Hello everyone. Been reading stuff on the forum for a while and decided it was time for me to register. So, hi. Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think of Primal Fear. I read alot about bands like Hammerfall and Iced earth but never much on Primal fear. I picked up Devils Ground and thought it was great stuff. So waddya think?

Hey Evil, I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the club. I must admit I'm not a Primal Fear fan, but I'll pass you a cold one and a tray of buffalo wings anyway! Pull up a chair and stick around!
Ted

They don't do that much for me. But they are excellent musicians.

Welcome Evil? Sit back and enjoy. I hope you will like it here.

Welcome to UMOS, sadly I can't talk much about PF since I never got into them, but judging for their career I guess is a solid band to follow once you're into them.

Welcome Evil? "METAL IS FOREVER!!!!'
I like Primal Fear, the guys are great live as well. I don't have a lot of their music, but of what I do, I think they release some solid tracks. Ralph has a great voice, it does often sound like Halford, but then again who wouldn't want to sound as great as the Metal God!?! My fave track on Devil's ground is "The Healer", I could listen to that track all day!!!

Welcome to the board, stick around, have some fun, peruse the site and Enjoy!

ya i know what you mean by getting close to ripping off priest. The first time i heard them i was like holy shit this guy sounds like Halford. I am a huge Priest fan and that may be why I was atrracted to PF in the first place.

Black Sun is indeed there best ( IMO). I havent heard Devils Ground yet but have heard good things. Their self titled, if you can find it anymore, is very good as well.

Primal Fear are excellent. I own all of their albums except that limited edition Horrorscope thingy that was out. I also have their dvd. I think that Black Sun is their best album but they are all good. Their new one Seven Seals is due out this year and supposedly the cliche metal theme is gone and it is gonna be less Priestish and more original. Can't wait to hear it. I enjoy this band alot and have seen them twice in the US. First at the Metal Gods touring fest in 2003 in NYC with Painmuseum, Carnal Forge, Amon Amarth, Immortal, Testament and Halford which got cancelled after 6 or 7 dates. The second time during night 2 of the BWBK 6 Pack Weekend II last year in Cleveland, Ohio. Also playing that night was Ion Vein, Brainstorm, Flotsam and Jetsam, Shok Paris, Dismember, and Metal Church. They really deliver live and are a great band.

Primal Fear are damn good if you ask me. The singer, Ralf Sheepers was in the running for Halfords job and I thought that he had it but then Ripper ended up there. Anywho after him being disappointed by not getting the Priest job he started Primal Fear. I think that Primal Fear is better than Ripper Priest so take that for what it is worth. They also feature Matt Sinner on bass who also has the band Sinner which are also good. Ralf Scheepers was also in Gamma Ray for a disc or so. Gamma Ray is now MUCH better with Kai singing. Also the Primal Fear DVD is a MUST have addition to anyones collection! I saw them live at the BW&BK thingy last year and they kicked some MAJOR ass!

METAL IS FOREVER!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Oh I don't! DC is a great singer also. Saw Silent Force at ProgPower and he totally ripped it up there. All I was getting at with Ralf was that he thought that he was a shoe in for the Priest gig. After being disappointed in NOT getting it, I think that is why Primal Fear sounds like Priest... Kinda like well fuck you guys, I will start my OWN Judas Priest!!!...

I guess he kinda sorta did! Also like DC and Silent Force!

D.C. Cooper solo album is damn brilliant although I didn't like enough Silent Force to get into it.

Also I've heard SF cover of 'All Guns Blazing' and frankly I can't see Cooper as a suitable replacement for Rob.

Welcome to UMOS Evil?! Hope you like it here.

Primal Fear are a good band. Not one of my favourites but I do enjoy listening to them.