Hello from California, USA.

Oct 17, 2006
Hello Everybody !!
I was invited to join this forum and wanted to say 'Hello' before I get started.
I also want to give you an idea why I'm here. I am here because I love music. Especially heavy metal. My hopes are to become a contributing member of this community in good standing, sharing what I can & learning all I can.

Thank you for allowing me to become a part of what appears to be a very interesting forum.
PMR

Welcome to the insaniquarium. We are old and mean but we love to have newbies to chew on :lol:

Enjoy, post a lot and we hope you also enjoy as much as we do the retirement home :p

THANK YOU !!!
I've got many threads to read before I start contributing so I will likely just lurk for a bit.

Take care -

Welcome, PMR! Glad to see you made it past inspection. he he

I was the one who invited PMR here to UMOS after chatting with him a bit over on the Wuthering Heights message board. He asked if anyone knew where there was a good forum to get information and discuss heavy metal. He posted with intelligence and class. So I told him where we are. :D

THANK YOU TSO for the warm welcome & the invite !! I wasn't going to reveal my sources in case you end up disgracing me - hehe

Sure are a lot of posts here - Not sure where I want to start...
Take care-
PMR

Powermetal Rebel said:
THANK YOU TSO for the warm welcome & the invite !! I wasn't going to reveal my sources in case you end up disgracing me - hehe
Trust me, I'm much more concerned about YOU disgracing ME. he he. But I caught a good vibe and I think you're a class act. I'll also trust my judgement that you won't go TROLL on our asses! Right??? :D

Reactions: rokk
Thank you for the vote of confidence & kind words. I did direct my interest in a general discussion group toward you as you've given me the same impression about yourself and because of your obvious fondness for Savatage (who is also one of my favorites). I think there is much to learn from you. Time will tell. You needn't concern yourself with my becoming a troll or intentionally disrespecting anybody ... That would jeopardize what I am attempting to accomplish here. I will admit (reluctantly) I have frequented AOL's heavy metal chat room to expand my knowledge and was able to gain a lot of information from people like DGN & IceEarthRules but the BS was just too much. Unlike what is suggested in the guidelines of this forum - there was a large amount of name calling and offensive criticism based on a person's musical preferences or spelling difficulties. I am able to disagree with a person's opinion without attacking them as well as I am able to not personalize comments by those who may disagree with my opinion (as you've seen). I hope to discover bands I would otherwise not be introduced to & hopefully find other reliable online vendors to order from as I have nearly exhausted The End Records & Laser's Edge powermetal recommendations.

Best regards;
PMR

'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.'
I'm uncertain who said that but I try to live by it.

Welcome to UMOS! :)

If you have a look at my signature you will see who said those words :)

Powermetal Rebel said:
Hello Everybody !!
I was invited to join this forum and wanted to say 'Hello' before I get started.
I also want to give you an idea why I'm here. I am here because I love music. Especially heavy metal. My hopes are to become a contributing member of this community in good standing, sharing what I can & learning all I can.

Perfect fit, PMR! You came to the right place. Welcome aboard!