Hello

Anssi

The Journalist
Apr 17, 2001
Finland
Visit site
Maybe some of you remember me from the old Maiden bb. This is Ande here to say hi! I don't know what strange nostalgia hit me, but I felt like finding out where are all the people I used to chat with some five+ years ago. I would like to assure that I don't have a beef with anyone of you anymore. Those were silly, silly times.

Nowadays I try to make my studies at the university progress (no such luck) and I work part time in a rather large newspaper. That's the reason my studies aren't progressing actually. But It's quite fun work some times. I've had the luck of interviewing Burton C. Bell (Fear Factory) and Paul Di'Anno. Okay, Paul was only via email, so that doesn't count! :) The job deal is going to be over by the beginning of june. It's ok working in a paper, but not a dreamjob propably. June will be the first real holiday for me in a few years and I'm headig to Prague on a late honeymoon with a girl I've lived with for almost four years! We got married just two weeks ago. In july I'm headed to the military for a six month or nine month "vacation".

So to my point. Do you know of the whereabouts (in the internet) of some people, like Glob, Unholy Mary, Ben Iscock, etc? I've tried to find out about them, but I didn't do well. It would be interesting to know how those people are doing. And ofcourse, how are you all doing?

Oh and how am I doing? Pretty good. Nothing has changed in my life really. I'm just little older, much prettier and have more money. :)
I still like the first sniff of coke in the morning, the beating up old people, one night stands and just being a total dick to everyone.

The good old in and out thing and hanging out in milk bars, huh? :cool: That sounds like a nice enough life.

My life is totally different than five years ago, thank goodness! It's just really really nice to live in ones own place (ok, rental) in an actual city. I've even got a dog now, which has been a dream since I was a kid. But kids and a Volvo station wagon are definately not on my most wanted -list... ;)

I haven't been listening to Iron Maiden in a while, but Bruce's solo albums are still good. Maiden works best when you listen to it while drunk, I think. Latest music findings for me are Opeth, Kate Bush, A Perfecct Circle and Mew.

Yea, I just bought The Kick Inside and Aerial. I decided to start from both ends and I like them both. Forgot to say that also Sigur Ros, King Crimson and Mastodon have made a big impression, so needless to say I listen to all kinds of music.

Why are you people on this bb, by the way? An odd bunch the three of you... hanging in an Iron Maiden bb and not even liking the band? Not that I'm a keen fan or anything...

The first reason for posting on any board is boredom. There is also the fact that here there was a remnant of the old board. And bashing Maiden and it's fans is something I almost feel dutibound to do.

But I haven't been here for a year.

Anssi said:
Thanks Silver!

I'm not sure if I there is a right answer to your question, MRBEAST... :wave:

ya sure yer a journalist? ya dodged that one like a politician!

i could care less what the answer is, i just thought it would be fun to hear some of my fictional adventures, but you aint no fun no more!

far as maiden, i dont know about how much any of the 3 of us (me, Ben, js) still listen to um, but we all have stuff from maidens past we like.
it isnt easy to like maiden now. to love maiden now you have to either be one of the sheep who thinks even their snotty toilet paper should be enshrined or you have to be a n00b that's totally oblivious to what the band has become. dance of death was a pile of shit with the cheapest crappiest artwork ever on a metal album cover.
a blind man couldnt miss seeing the blatant greed motivating everything about the band now. every 6 months there's either a new live album or greatest hits repackaging or live video, with nothing original or outstanding to seperate it from the other make a buck packages.
the official forum is the ultimate pile of bullshit. if you are one of the mods ass kissing buddies you can say or do anything you please there. everybody else either got banned or just deserted the place in june of 2003 when
they got rid of the general chat & anything nonmaiden related isnt allowed, so there's a bunch of clueless kids that think the place is cool cuz they dont have anything to compare it to & there's smelly kelly & her crowd who get to do anything they please & pretty much the only people there from the old bb are people using different nicks & causing mischeif-like that takes any effort in a group or retards...

MRBEAST: Well you just summed up pretty nicely all the things that make Maiden suck these days. Would be hard to disagree with any of that. I wish Bruce would have enough balls and ambition to leave the band, but I guess he wont. Bruce would be better off solo, or with Adrian, who's always had more songwriting skills and vision than that one-idea-man Steve.

Wow, I'm getting "in the mood" here, so I'll continue and say that Bruce's stage antiques are something quite depressing to watch. It looks always the same, so it kind of brings to mind, is he just playing his part and doing his job there on the stage. Ofcourse he is, like any performer is, but is that all it means to him? Just doing his job and earning his paycheck?

I saw Dio live 1,5 years ago and he was amazing comparing to Bruce. The voice still in perfect shape and he really gave is warmth to the audience. He was THERE, singing to US, the audience. It didn't look like he was making his moves for the cameras.

And Dio didn't give us that "fuck the radio, fuck the mtv, fuck the fuck" bullshit, Bruce allways loves to mumble. I've never seen Bruce live solo, but I'm keeping my hopes up that seeing him live solo would be better than the same b-class theatre act, which is an Iron Maiden gig.