Hello

Unfaithfully Metalhead

but stick to it and eventually you'll work with metal bands.... anyways welcome Chicken...

Actually years ago when i worked in clubs I worked at metal clubs so did work with lots of metal bands, but in touring ya take what ya get. I did do one "metal" tour, not metal to me (A7X is not metal in my opinion), but Coheed was quite enjoyable.
Corporate stuff is actually where i make the best money though..as sickening as it is.

thanks again for the welcomes :headbang:

nah corporate stuff like conventions, everything from medical , insurance, land developement confrences and stuff.. the best corporate gig I used to do was e3 the gaming expo, but I missed it this year since i was on tour, figures it was the last year they are having it. For a game geek like me it was always a fun week of work.

yes and no.

on a tour yes i see free concerts...every day, the same show, day after day after day after day,for weeks, and not necessarily a show I'd want to see. I actually try to sleep during the shows if possible because lighting people start first and finish last so we have the longest working days of the tours and the least amount of sleep. Touring is way more work then most people think it is. you have no sense of reality or what is going on in the world when you wake up at work and fall asleep on the bus and wake up at work again.
Honestly makes it so I have no desire at all to see concerts (which used to be my favorite thing to do) and when not touring I am just in a shop repairing lights or on a corporate job where really don't want to see the show.

Chickenbitch said:
yes and no.

on a tour yes i see free concerts...every day, the same show, day after day after day after day,for weeks, and not necessarily a show I'd want to see. I actually try to sleep during the shows if possible because lighting people start first and finish last so we have the longest working days of the tours and the least amount of sleep. Touring is way more work then most people think it is. you have no sense of reality or what is going on in the world when you wake up at work and fall asleep on the bus and wake up at work again.
Honestly makes it so I have no desire at all to see concerts (which used to be my favorite thing to do) and when not touring I am just in a shop repairing lights or on a corporate job where really don't want to see the show.

This exactly describes a good friend of mine. He is in the same position as you. I asked him if it was a fun job, I would think so, but he said that a lot of the time it is boring because you watch a lot of acts you don't actually want to see. Even if your a concert fan there is only so much you can take.