Helloween - Mrs. God (redux)

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Well finally I manage to hear the single "Mrs. God" from the upcoming album "Keeper Of The Seven Keys- The Legacy", so here goes a more detailed review.

'Mrs. God': 2/10. Probably some,thing worth to be on "Chameleon" or a bad B-side. But being a theme for the album led me to:
  • This song is worst than the RDCE material therefore how can this be a return to the Keepers era?
  • If the album is a follow up to the Keepers, why to put such a un-Keeper song?
  • At 2:48, not even funny for bonus track.
'My Life For One More Day' (single edit version): 8/10. Alright now we are talking. This probably reminds me more of the early Deris era which is good, fast, melodic, neat Helloween power metal. Definitively the 180 degrees from 'Mrs. God'.

'Run (the name of your enemy)' (single bonus track): 56/10. Now I'm pissed, how come the bonus of the single is better than the main theme? Sounds like some material from RDCE but much better than 'Mrs. God'

Final verdict regarding the future purchase of the album: Hardcore fans can get it, convinced fans like me hear it before purchase, ocassional fans will probably skip this one, and un-fans...why are you reading this?