New Helloween Single "Mrs. God" Review

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just got in the Japanese single of "Mrs. God" by Helloween. This is from the forthcoming album to be released on 10/31/05. Tracjs include:

1. Mrs. God
2. My Life For One More Day
(Single Edit Version)
3. Run (The Name Of Your Enemy)
(Exclusive Single Bonus Track)
4. Mrs. God (Videoclip)

The single starts off with Mrs. God which after several listens is a good, ballad like song with a 4/4 rock beat a la AC/DC. Some very unique guitar work in the beginning and under Weikaths rythmn guitar thanks to Sascha Gerstner. Andi Deris' voice is in fine form on this one as is new drummer Dani Loble' chops. Very infectious chorus! "My Life For One More Day" is the uptempo rock song that Helloween are known for. This one will not disappoint. Double bass drums a plenty with great harmony guitars. A catchy chorus help blend this tune perfectly. "Run (The Name Of Your Enemy" is also an uptempo rock song and is an exclusive to this single. I wonder if a good song like this is a bonus track how good the rest of the songs on ther album are?

The videoclip for "Mrs. God" is interesting, like all Helloween videos. You are not sure what it "means" but is always interesting to watch And is a nice treat.

This single can be purchased at Impulse Music at http://www.impulsemusic.com

Thanks for the reveiw, Q. Been anticipating this with much reservation; now seems I'm not going to be disapointed. Remaining hopeful anyway.

The_Q said:
Just got in the Japanese single of "Mrs. God" by Helloween. This is from the forthcoming album to be released on 10/31/05. Tracjs include:

1. Mrs. God
2. My Life For One More Day
(Single Edit Version)
3. Run (The Name Of Your Enemy)
(Exclusive Single Bonus Track)
4. Mrs. God (Videoclip)

The single starts off with Mrs. God which after several listens is a good, ballad like song with a 4/4 rock beat a la AC/DC. Some very unique guitar work in the beginning and under Weikaths rythmn guitar thanks to Sascha Gerstner. Andi Deris' voice is in fine form on this one as is new drummer Dani Loble' chops. Very infectious chorus! "My Life For One More Day" is the uptempo rock song that Helloween are known for. This one will not disappoint. Double bass drums a plenty with great harmony guitars. A catchy chorus help blend this tune perfectly. "Run (The Name Of Your Enemy" is also an uptempo rock song and is an exclusive to this single. I wonder if a good song like this is a bonus track how good the rest of the songs on ther album are?

The videoclip for "Mrs. God" is interesting, like all Helloween videos. You are not sure what it "means" but is always interesting to watch And is a nice treat.

This single can be purchased at Impulse Music at http://www.impulsemusic.com

Cool review. I just got the Europea single which has:
1) Mrs God
2) The King For A 1000 Years
3) Run (The Name Of Your Enemy)

Since you've already covered "Mrs God" (okay tune, but quite cheesy) + "Run (The Name Of Your Enemy)" (quite good, but nothing that shakes my world, I'll instead say this: "The King For A 1000 Years" might very well be the best song these guys have done since back in the Keeper-days. Seriously, this is a 14 minute epic, which is freaking good. I never heard Deris sound this great, and the song completely slays. I had absolutely no intentions of liking this, but that song had me going back to it several times this weekend. Damn ...